What is Endocarditis?
Endocarditis is a life-threatening inflammation of the inner lining of the heart’s chambers and valves.
What are the symptoms of Endocarditis?
Endocarditis may develop slowly or suddenly, depending on what germs are causing the infection and whether having any underlying heart problems. Endocarditis symptoms can vary from person to person.
Common Endocarditis signs and symptoms include:
- Aching joints and muscles
- Chest pain while breathing
- Flu-like symptoms, such as fever and chills
- Night sweats
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the feet, legs or abdomen
- A new or changed heart murmur, which is the heart sound made by blood rushing through the heart
How is Endocarditis caused?
Endocarditis is usually caused by an infection. Bacteria, fungi or other germs from another part of the body, such as mouth, spread through the bloodstream and attach to damaged areas in the heart. If it is not treated quickly, endocarditis can damage or destroy the heart valves.
How is Endocarditis treated?
Many people with endocarditis are successfully treated with antibiotics. Sometimes, surgery may be needed to fix or replace damaged heart valves and clean up any remaining signs of the infection.
The type of medication that is received, depends on what is causing the endocarditis.
High doses of IV antibiotics are used to treat endocarditis caused by bacteria. If endocarditis is caused by a fungal infection, antifungal medication will be prescribed. Some people need lifelong antifungal pills to prevent endocarditis from returning.
Heart valve surgery may be needed to treat persistent endocarditis infections or to replace a damaged valve. Surgery is also sometimes needed to treat endocarditis that is caused by a fungal infection.
How has Endocarditis affected population?
- In developed countries, the incidence of endocarditis ranges from 2.6 to 7 cases per 100,000 population per year. The median age of patients with endocarditis is 58 years.
- Between 2000 and 2011, the Endocarditis incidence in the United States increased from 11 per 100,000 population to 15 per 100,000 population.
To know more, request sample pages @Endocarditis Market Landscape
DelveInsight’s “Endocarditis Market Insight, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Endocarditis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Endocarditis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Endocarditis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Endocarditis market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Endocarditis market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Endocarditis treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Endocarditis Market Outlook
According to DelveInsight, Endocarditis market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017-2030.
The Endocarditis market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Endocarditis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Endocarditis market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
Scope of the Endocarditis Market Research Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Endocarditis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Endocarditis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Endocarditis are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Endocarditis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Endocarditis market
Request sample pages for more information on Endocarditis Market Size