The Global Parenteral Nutrition Market was valued at USD 6,018.4 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 9,158.7 Million by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.3%. Parenteral nutrition, or intravenous nutrition, is a method of bringing nutrition to your body through the veins. This form of diet is used to help people who cannot draw their essential nutrients from food. It has become a well-established intervention for the following indications: to maintain the lives of patients with short bowel syndrome; for perioperative use in patients with nutritional deprivation; to improve the quality of life of patients with inflammatory bowel disease; to help with the healing of enter-cutaneous and pancreatic fistulas. Also, used widely for hypermetabolic conditions such as sepsis, trauma, burns, and acquired immune deficiency syndrome; in neonatal and pediatric patients. It is considered to be a crucial source for meeting the nutritional needs of the body, especially in cancer patients. According to the World Health Organization, cancer is the second leading cause of death in the world and is responsible for about 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Worldwide, approximately one in six deaths are due to cancer. With an increase in the number of cancer cases, the demand is expected to increase with a high CAGR. In addition to cancer, other health issues such as Crohn’s disease, ischemic bowel disease, and increased prevalence of chronic diseases have increased adoption provide patients with essential nutrients. These nutrients are vital for maintaining high levels of energy, hydration, and strength. Besides, the growing gap between needs and the actual absorption of essential nutrients into the body is fueling up the industry.
Increase in geriatric population has led to an increase in the number of patients being admitted in the healthcare institutions and hospital eventually increasing the demand. Growing awareness and rise in disposable income has led to an increased adoption. Rising metabolic disorders and chronic illness is expected to further drive the growth of the industry. However, strict rules and regulations laid down by the government associated with approval of parenteral nutrition and lack of awareness among the people are the major hindrance for industry during 2021-2028.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2034
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Parenteral Nutrition market is growing at a CAGR of 4% in Asia Pacific followed by North America and Europe, with 5.8 % and 5.5% CAGR, respectively. High prevalence of chronic diseases among the geriatric population is expected to drive the market growth.
- As of 2018, Single Dose Amino Acid Solution is the dominating the industry which holds 32.7% of the global market. North American regional market is the chief revenue generating source for this product segment, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific regions
- It is also considered to be a life-saving therapy, but it is complex. Some of these complications include infection, metabolic; however, management by an interdisciplinary nutritional support team can optimize outcomes for patients associated with this therapy.
- Diseases of the bloodlines through which nutrition is administered can be severe and require interruption of diet, antibiotic intake, and line exchange which are some of the complications encountered during therapy.
- Increased collaboration and partnership among key players is expected to increase the market share in the upcoming years. For example, Baxter International Inc. and Laboratoire Aguettant SAS have signed an exclusive worldwide licensing and distribution agreement for micronutrients, which are essential micronutrients used in therapy.
- Increased government and non-governmental organization initiatives can increase the industry share. For example, on October 10, 2018, the American Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society (ASPEN), an organization that promotes the science and practice of clinical nutrition, and Baxter International Inc., a world leader in nutrition Clinical has published a series of educational videos on the proper use of parenteral nutrition.
- To increase the market share, manufacturers are introducing new client-centered therapies. For example, infusion therapy, depending on the underlying disease, the solution contains a suitable active pharmaceutical ingredient.
- In addition, the launch of innovative and compelling products is driving the growth of the market due to increased adoption. For example, the Celsite Power, injectable access ports, launched by B. Braun Melsungen offer high security and reliability to patients, nurses, doctors, and hospital administrators.
- Key participants include Baxter International Inc.; Grifols International S.A.; Actavis Inc.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Fresenius Kabi AG; Hospira Inc., Claris Lifesciences Limited, Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical, Pfizer and Aculife (Nirlife).
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Parenteral Nutrition market on the basis of nutrient type, consumer type, end use, and region:
Nutrient Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Lipid Emulsion
- Single Dose Amino Acid Solution
- Trace Elements
- Vitamins & Minerals
Consumer Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Children & New-born
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2034
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2020 – 2028
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Wide range of applicability of the parenteral nutrition
3.2. Increasing scarcity in the nutritious diet
3.3. Growing geriatric population
3.4. Government rules and regulations
Chapter 4. Parenteral Nutrition Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Parenteral Nutrition Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Parenteral Nutrition Market Value Chain Analysis, 2018 – 2028
4.3. Regulatory framework
4.4. Parenteral Nutrition Market Impact Analysis
4.4.1. Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168. High prevalence of chronic diseases
22.214.171.124. Increased adoption by the patients
4.4.2. Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199. Lack of awareness
188.8.131.52. Increased associated side-effects
4.5. Key opportunities prioritized
4.6. Parenteral Nutrition Pricing Analysis
4.7. Industry analysis – Porter’s
4.8. Parenteral Nutrition PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 5. Parenteral Nutrition Market By Nutrient Type Insights & Trends
Chapter 6. Parenteral Nutrition Market By Consumer Type Insights & Trends
Chapter 7. Parenteral Nutrition Market By End Use Insights & Trends
Chapter 8. Parenteral Nutrition Market Regional Outlook
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
Chapter 10. Company Profiles
10.1. Baxter International Inc.
10.1.1. Company Overview
10.1.2. Financial Performance
10.1.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.1.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.2. Grifols International S.A.
10.2.1. Company Overview
10.2.2. Financial Performance
10.2.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.2.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.3. Actavis Inc. Bristol-Myers Squibb
10.3.1. Company Overview
10.3.2. Financial Performance
10.3.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.3.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.4. B. Braun Melsungen AG
10.4.1. Company Overview
10.4.2. Financial Performance
10.4.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.4.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.5. Fresenius Kabi AG
10.5.1. Company Overview
10.5.2. Financial Performance
10.5.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.5.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.6. Hospira Inc.
10.6.1. Company Overview
10.6.2. Financial Performance
10.6.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.6.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.7. Claris Lifesciences Limited
10.7.1. Company Overview
10.7.2. Financial Performance
10.7.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.7.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.8. Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co.
10.8.1. Company Overview
10.8.2. Financial Performance
10.8.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.8.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.9.1. Company Overview
10.9.2. Financial Performance
10.9.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.9.4. Strategic Initiatives
10.10. Aculife (Nirlife)
10.10.1. Company Overview
10.10.2. Financial Performance
10.10.3. Product Length Benchmarking
10.10.4. Strategic Initiatives
Thank you for reading our report. For further information or query regarding the report or its customization, please connect with us. Our team will ensure you get a report well-suited to your needs.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States