The medical tourism market size is expected to reach USD 207.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 21.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Medical tourism generates direct foreign exchange income and contributes to the overall development of any economy. It provides employment and business opportunities for residents. Moreover, it helps in the growth of associated businesses such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare devices, and tourism. Government support to maintain the general reputation and political stability of the host country is a key influencing factor that drives the market.
Government authorities are willing to invest in local enterprises to capitalize on the growth of the market. Such government bodies are authorizing projects that help in the overall development of infrastructure in the country such as the public transport system and water supply facilities to attract high-end travelers.
Medical tourism has led to a rise in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities in developing countries to attract foreign nationals, resulting in the fast growth of healthcare infrastructure in such countries. Moreover, healthcare providers now offer comprehensive tour packages that include services ranging from ticket booking to hotel stay and healthcare insurance.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-tourism-market
Medical Tourism Market Report Highlights
• Thailand dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2019 pertaining to the huge difference in treatment cost in comparison to developed countries. Around 2.8 million people visited Thailand to seek medical care in 2018 owing to low cost and good quality healthcare services
• In 2016, Thailand ranked 18th in the International Healthcare Research Center’s Medical Tourism Index. Moreover, the country ranked 13th on the same index in terms of quality of facilities and services provided owing to well-developed healthcare infrastructure and an increasing number of healthcare professionals
• In Thailand, Asia’s first largest private hospital, Bumrungrad International Hospital, is also the first hospital to receive JCI accreditation and ISO 9001 certification. Till date, over 53 private hospitals have received JCI accreditation
• Singapore, Colombia, Taiwan, and Spain are some of the fastest-growing medical tourism destinations in medical tourism market. Medical tourism is one of the important factors for revenue generation for these countries. They have an advanced healthcare infrastructure and skilled manpower to cater to international patients
• Thailand is popular for cosmetic procedures and India is most preferred for cardiovascular and orthopedic procedures. Brazil and Costa Rica are preferred for dental procedures.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-tourism-market/request/rs1
Medical Tourism Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the medical tourism market based on countries:
Medical Tourism Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/1119/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company headquartered in San Francisco, which offers syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services to clients across a number of industries, including healthcare, materials, chemicals, energy, technology, and food and beverage, among others.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States