Both PTFE tube and PU tube are widely used in various industries, but the use environment of the two is not the same. PTFE tube is used in more extreme working environment, and the size is also relatively complete, the applicable industries are much wider than PU tube. The PU pipe is suitable for working under normal pressure and temperature. Because its material is soft and elastic, it can be bent at will. It is more suitable for narrow spaces or environments with high bending radius
The following is a detailed introduction of the two types of tubes:
Ptfe pipe is a special pipe made of PTFE material after extrusion and sintering, drying, high temperature sintering, and shaping. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) has excellent chemical stability, such as:
1. Resistant to high temperature and high pressure. It can be used for a long time at -65℃~250℃ under normal pressure. After 1000h of high temperature treatment at 250℃, its mechanical properties will change little.
2. Anti-corrosion and anti-aging, can withstand all strong acids, strong alkalis, strong oxidants, and will not interact with various organic solvents.
3. Insulation. Because PTFE has no polarity, heat resistance and no water absorption, it is also an excellent electrical insulating material.
4. Low friction coefficient. PTFE has a very low friction coefficient. It is a good anti-friction and self-lubricating material. Its static friction coefficient is less than the dynamic friction coefficient. Therefore, it has the advantages of low starting resistance and smooth running when used to make bearings.
5. Non-flammable, non-toxic, light, good flexibility and other characteristics, wide range of uses, not easy to damage, long working life, no need for frequent replacement is the most valued feature.
Purpose of PU pipe:
It is widely used in automobiles, aerospace, hydraulics, pneumatics, railways, food processing, fluid transportation equipment, chemical transportation, manufacturing and petrochemical, electronic product insulators, etc.
Polyurethane tube is a PU tube, divided into hard tube and smooth bore ptfe hose, transparent tube, etc. The main feature is that the tube is soft and can get the smallest radius of curvature. Because of its lightness and softness, it is convenient and flexible to use. PU hoses are mostly used for air pipes, water pipes, and material conveying pipes with normal working pressure and temperature. But compared to PTFE pipes, PU pipes are more prone to aging and hydrolysis and have a shorter service life. The chemical stability is relatively poor, such as:
1. The operating temperature range is between -20° and +60°;
2. The corrosion resistance is relatively weak, unable to withstand strong acids and alkalis, and easily reacts with these chemical products.
3. The working pressure is only within 10kg, which cannot be used in the high-pressure working environment.
4. Strong wear resistance, it has a wide range of applications in material transportation.
5. The bending radius is small. Because the PU pipe is soft and has good elasticity, it is suitable for building plumbing.
6. PU tube has high transparency, and the state of medium flow is clearly visible.
Purpose of PU pipe:
It is suitable for industry, agriculture, food, medicine, civil engineering, fishery, aquaculture, garden irrigation, non-corrosive oil, and other fields. If it needs to maintain a long service life, it must be underrated working pressure and environment Use at temperature. As the temperature rises, the working pressure should decrease accordingly. If the limit is exceeded, the hose may rupture. The fluid temperature is too high or the fluid has corrosive chemical costs, which may cause the hose to rupture, the working environment temperature is too high or the working space has chemical gases, which may cause the hose to crack, store in a humid place or the storage period is over Long, it will hydrolyze or age the hose, which may cause breakage. Besteflon main products are ptfe smooth bore hose, smoothbore ptfe hose etc. contact now for more details.