Chronic pain is pain that is ongoing and usually lasts longer than six months. This type of pain can continue even after the injury or illness that caused it has healed or gone away. It affects more than 50 million U.S. adults, and the number of cases of chronic pain is increasing.
According to economic experts, chronic pain results in $80 billion in lost wages every year and cost the economy more than 150 billion annually in lost working days. More than $635 billion a year is spent on chronic pain which is more than what is spent on cancer.
So, what is the best way to treat chronic pain and how can we reduce the number of people who are forced to stay off work. According to Fulmore Chiropractic, Orlando Chiropractors, the answer is chiropractic, nutrition, and an advanced technology called Stem Wave Therapy.
According to Fulmore Chiropractic who are based in Orlando, Altamonte Springs, and Sanford, they are receiving breakthrough results using their unique approach.
So, we decided to speak to the leading authority regarding chronic pain and find out more about chiropractic, nutrition, and Stem Wave Therapy. This is what they said.
- First of all, please introduce yourself.
First, I would like to say it is an honor to be interviewed and featured today. My name is Dr. Ron Fulmore, II and I am a second-generation chiropractic physician in Central Florida. My father and I own 3 wellness clinics throughout Central Florida. My goal is to be a resource in the community to provide the best care possible utilizing chiropractic, nutrition, and technology.
- More than 50 million U.S. adults suffer from chronic pain, why do you believe that figure is so high?
I believe most people do not make health a priority in their life and once they do get treatment, they often receive treatment that masks the symptoms – not getting to the root cause of the problem. We really need to take a proactive approach to our health and start with the basics such as food, nutrition, exercise, and maintaining balance in our lives.
- Health economists have reported the annual cost of chronic pain in the United States is as high as $635 billion a year, which is more than the yearly costs for cancer, heart disease and diabetes, so why is more not being done to reduce the amount of people who suffer from chronic pain?
When it comes to pain, this country is in the business of pain management – which is big business. A lot of our current medical facilities such as hospitals, urgent cares, and clinics are built around the model of giving a pill, injection, or surgery when it comes to pain management. And this usually leads to more pills, injections, and surgeries in the future for that patient. Pain often is our body telling us there is a dysfunction or imbalance going on in the body. So, instead of just silencing the pain, we should look a little deeper and figure out what our body is trying to tell us.
- Can you explain for those that don’t understand, what impact on a person’s life chronic pain has?
Chronic pain can be very frustrating for people. In my clinic, we have seen thousands of people come in dealing with chronic pain. It not only affects them physically but can dramatically affect them psychologically, mentally, and socially as well.
- As a doctor, you help people who suffer from chronic pain, can you explain more on what services you offer?
In our clinic, we take a unique approach to healthcare. We utilize 3 main services to reduce the inflammation, stimulate healing, and balance out the body. First, we utilize chiropractic care to restore proper alignment and balance within the body and joints to allow for optimal flow and function within the body. This is to physically balance out the body. Second, we focus on balancing out the body nutritionally. We developed a custom-made vitamin called Sea More Life that aims to restore vitamins/minerals and reduce the inflammation with the body. We utilize 4 powerful ingredients: Organic Sea Moss, Organic Bladderwrack, Organic Turmeric, and Vitamin D3. The third service we provide is called Stem Wave Therapy. This new technology utilizes soft waves (a unique type of sound wave) to dramatically reduce inflammation and recruit new circulation which contains stem cells and growth factors. This has been proven to aid in the regeneration of connective tissue.
- So, you offer Stem Wave Therapy for Chronic Pain. I don’t think I have ever come across that before, what is it, and how does it help people?
Stem Wave Therapy is a patented unfocused low-intensity shockwave therapy. With this type of technology, we are getting better results and faster healing. We are now able to reduce chronic inflammation and increase new blood flow to an injured area with this technology. We were the first doctors to bring this technology to the Central Florida area and excited to make an impact in our community.
- Please explain more about how the noninvasive treatment delivers shock waves to injured soft tissue to reduce pain and promote healing?
Stem wave therapy has the ability to reach an injured area at the cellular level to successfully turn on the body’s natural healing process. This is not like ultrasound where it generates heat to an area. Our technology is FDA (510k) cleared for activation of connective tissue and improved blood supply.
- How long does the treatment take, and do people need more than one appointment if they suffer from chronic pain?
The treatment itself takes 5-10 minutes. But, with every patient, we do a thorough history, exam, and review any images to build the best plan of care for their specific needs. Typically, it is 4-8 visits per injured area. But, you will feel the difference immediately on the first visit.
- There are lots of different types of chronic pain, which includes the back, the neck, and the shoulder. Can Stem Wave Therapy tackle all types of chronic pain?
We have successfully treated back, neck, knees, shoulder, ankle, wrists, feet, and fingers.
- If the noninvasive treatment is so successful, why are Doctors so happy to prescribe medication instead of using alternative treatment that does not involve drugs?
Unfortunately, a lot of the alternative treatments are not covered by insurances and many medical decisions are made based on what is covered by insurance. It goes against the medical model
- Are there any risks involving Stem Wave Therapy?
There are no major risks involving Stem Wave Therapy because we are stimulating and using the natural healing ability of the body. We do have a couple of screening questions because we are dealing with sound waves and treating the body on a cellular level, we need to make sure of implants and be aware of any major ailments going on. But generally, this is a very safe treatment.
- So, let’s be honest, treatment that offers powerful results must be expensive, how much can people expect to pay to deal with their chronic pain using Stem Wave Therapy?
We have been in the Central Florida community for over 36 years, and we pride ourselves on bringing top notch healthcare to our community. In order to make Stem Wave Therapy more accessible, we put together packages and offer i- house payment plans. We even provide a $49 new patient special. This gives people the ability to try this technology at an affordable price and see first-hand if this is the right treatment for them before making any major commitments. This by far is cheaper than many of the options available such as injections, pain meds, and surgery which can cost thousands of dollars. And oftentimes Stem Wave Therapy is the superior choice compared to these other options.
- 10.7% of U.S. adults used one or more prescription pain medications, can we now see that figure drop with this new therapy being available?
I really do pray and hope that more and more people look to alternative treatments for their pain. Before popping pills and/or getting injections and surgery, lets aim to provide the right environment in your body to facilitate healing, improved circulation, and stem cell migration. We can achieve this chiropractic, nutrition, and Stem Wave Therapy.
- For people who want to learn about the treatment you provide, how can they contact you?
You can contact us at the websites listed below and/or feel free to call our office and schedule an appointment. Or give us a call at 407-FULMORE (407-385-6673).
Company Name: Fulmore Chiropractic
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Phone: (407) 425-6578
Country: United States