The Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs of Malaysia announced that mandatory testing and certification requirements for Secondary Batteries would be effective from Jan. 1st, 2019. Meanwhile SIRIM QAS has been authorized as the only certification body to implement the certification. Due to some reasons, the mandatory date has been extended to Jul. 1st, 2019.
Recently there are lots of saying from various resources about it, which makes clients confused. To give a truth and certain news for clients, MCM team visited SIRIM for many times to verify it. After several meetings with officers, officers have confirmed that the testing and certification requirement for secondary batteries will certainly be mandatory. Relevant staffs are working hard to prepare for the certification procedure details. But the final mandatory date is subjected to Malaysia government.
Notes: If any cases have been suspended or cancelled in the middle of process, clients will need to requeue, and it will probably make the lead time longer. And it may even affect the shipment or product launch time in case that mandory implement begins.
Hereby, giving a brief introduction of Malaysia Secondary batteries testing and certification:
1 — Testing Standard
MS IEC 62133: 2017
2 — Type of Certification
1. Type 1b: for consignment/batch approval
2. Type 5: factory inspection type
3 — Certification Process
MCM is active in applying secondary battery SIRIM certification for global clients. The priority choice for clients shall be Type 5 (factory audit included) which can be used multiple times in the validity period (total 2 years, renew each year). However, there is a queue / waiting time for both factory audit and confirmatory testing which requires sending samples to Malaysia for testing. Thus, the whole application process will be about 3~4 month.
In general, MCM reminds clients who have such demand to apply for SIRIM certification before mandatory date. So as not to delay the shipment arrangement and product launch time.
MCM’s advantages in SIRIM Certification:
1. MCM is closely connected with official organization to built a good technical communication and information exchange channel. There are professional staffs in Malaysia to handle MCM’s project and to share accurate news.
2. Extensive project experiences. MCM pays attention on relevant news before policy implementation. We have served some clients to apply for SIRIM certification before it becomes mandatory requirement and can help clients to obtain licenses in shortest lead time.
3. Ten years’ dedication in battery industry makes us an elite team. Our technical team can provide professional battery international certification services.