Automotive Powertrain Management System: Introduction
- Automotive powertrain system is an integral part of a vehicle and comprises a drive unit, which includes engine system, transmission system, and battery pack. Every vehicle is driven by a source of power that is transmitted by the powertrain system. The transmission system comprises gears, differential, and propeller shaft, which is also a part of the powertrain system.
- Powertrain management system consists of an electronic control unit and various types of sensors, including pressure sensor and temperature sensor that provides an alert in the vehicle. The electronic control unit is the heart of the powertrain system; the main function of powertrain management system is to control the air-fuel ratio and ignition timing. The powertrain management system includes the emission control unit, which in turn is estimated to drive the powertrain management system market.
Key drivers of global automotive powertrain management system market
- The automotive powertrain management system market is driven by the production of vehicles. Rise in demand for electronic components in vehicles, including electronic control unit and sensors, is estimated to drive the automotive management system market. Passenger vehicle comprises with many components including transfer case and overdrive which has major demand in automobile industries which will play a key role to drive the powertrain management system market.
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles across the globe is estimated to propel the demand for powertrain management system. Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations against emissions from vehicles owing to combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 is the latest emission regulation, and the powertrain management system can be utilized to curb emission of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide.
- Pleasure Craft Engine Group developed a marine engine with the Clean Emission System (CES) to reduce emission of exhaust gases including nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Powertrain Management System Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive powertrain management system market
- North America and Asia pacific are expected to dominate the global automotive powertrain management system market, in terms of volume as well as value, in the near future. Rise in demand for automatic transmission in vehicles is anticipated to fuel the automotive powertrain management system market. Stringent rules and regulations on emission, enacted by various government across the globe, including those in North America, have prompted manufacturers to reduce exhaust emission from their vehicles.
- The light commercial vehicle market in China is estimated to witness significant expansion, which in turn is projected to boost the automotive powertrain management system market. Rise in demand for automotive vehicles in the U.S., China, and Brazil is estimated to propel the automotive powertrain management system market across the globe.
Key players operating in automotive powertrain management system market:
The automotive powertrain management system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive powertrain management system market are:
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Infineon AG
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Hyundai KEFILO
- Hitachi Automotive
- Sanken Electric Company
More Press Release by TMR:
Company Name: Transparency Market Research
Contact Person: Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Email: Send Email
Address:90 State Street, Suite 700
State: New York
Country: United States