DelveInsight has added a new research study on Short Bowel Syndrome Market Report with detailed information on the overview, market insights, drugs industry, treatment, growth, size, share, trends, during the forecast period of 2017 to 2030
Short Bowel Syndrome Overview
Short bowel syndrome (SBS) is a complex disease that occurs due to the physical loss or the loss of function of a portion of the small and/or large intestine. SBS is generally broken down into individuals in whom the disorder is acquired during life and newborns in which the disorder is present at birth (congenital). Acquired short bowel syndrome is more common than the congenital form of the disorder.
Download full PDF sample copy of the Short Bowel Syndrome Market Report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/short-bowel-syndrome-market
Short Bowel Syndrome Market: Regions Covered
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Short Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
The specific symptoms and severity of SBS vary from one person to another. Diarrhea is common, often severe and can cause dehydration, which can even be life-threatening. SBS can lead to malnutrition, unintended weight loss, and additional symptoms may be due to the loss of essential vitamins and minerals.
List of Companies involved in Short Bowel Syndrome Market Report are-
- Zealand Pharma
- VectivBio AG
- 9 Meters Biopharma
- And many others
SBS is most commonly associated with surgical removal (resection) of half or more of the small intestine. Such surgery is performed to treat intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease, injury or trauma to the small bowel, or congenital birth defects. In some cases, newborns can be born with a shortened bowel that is present at birth (congenital short bowel syndrome). The exact cause of a short bowel in these cases is not fully understood and several different theories have been proposed. More research is necessary to determine what factors ultimately lead to congenital short bowel syndrome.
Short Bowel Syndrome Diagnosis
A diagnosis of SBS is made based upon detailed patient history, a thorough clinical evaluation, and a variety of specialized tests, including laboratory tests and X-ray studies. It is also found that most of the cases are undiagnosed in areas with lack of intestinal rehabilitation centers and weak home PN/IV programs.
Short Bowel Syndrome Treatment
The treatment of SBS is directed toward the specific symptoms that are apparent in each individual. It includes nutritional support, medications, surgery, and intestinal transplant. The specific therapeutic procedures and interventions for individuals with a short bowel syndrome might vary, depending upon numerous factors, including the specific symptoms, the site and extent of the affected portion of the small intestine, whether the colon is involved, an individual’s age and overall health, tolerance of certain medications or procedures, personal preference, and other factors.
Short Bowel Syndrome Medications
A variety of medications may be used to treat individuals with short bowel syndrome. The therapeutic market size of SBS is accounted by therapies directed towards the management of specific symptoms. These include proton pump inhibitors, choleretic agents, antidiarrheal agents, antisecretin agents, etc. Apart from these, the off-label symptomatic therapies, the US FDA approved Zorbtive and pharmacological hormonal therapy, i.e., Teduglutide also contributes toward the market revenue for the disease. In May 2019, Takeda’s Gattex (teduglutide) got approval from the US FDA for the treatment of SBS in pediatric patients.
Short Bowel Syndrome Market: Insights
The treatment of SBS is directed toward the specific symptoms that are apparent in each individual. It includes nutritional support, medications, surgery, and intestinal transplant. Treatment options that may be used to treat individuals with short bowel syndrome are complex and varied.
Short Bowel Syndrome Market Size
The therapeutic market size of SBS is accounted for by therapies directed towards the management of specific symptoms. These include proton pump inhibitors, choleretic agents, antidiarrheal agents, antisecretin agents, etc.
Read Detailed Table of Content of Short Bowel Syndrome Market Report-
1. Key Insights
2. Report Introduction
3. Short bowel syndrome Market Overview at a Glance
4. Executive Summary of Short Bowel Syndrome
5. Disease Background and Overview
6. Epidemiology and Patient Population
7. Epidemiology of Short Bowel Syndrome
8. Organizations contributing towards Short Bowel Syndrome
9. Patient Journey
10. Case Reports
11. Treatment of Short Bowel Syndrome
12. Marketed Products
13. Emerging Products
14. Short Bowel Syndrome: 7 Major Market Analysis
15. Market Outlook
16. Market Drivers
17. Market Barriers
18. SWOT Analysis
19. Unmet Needs
22. Report Methodology
23. DelveInsight Capabilities
25. About DelveInsight
Key Questions Answered in the Short Bowel Syndrome Market report-
- What was the Short Bowel Syndrome Market share (%) distribution in 2020, and how would it look in 2030?
- What would be the Short Bowel Syndrome total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What are the market’s key findings across 7MM, and which country will have the largest Short Bowel Syndrome market Size during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Short Bowel Syndrome market is expected to grow by 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Short Bowel Syndrome market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
- What would be the Short Bowel Syndrome market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
How Does This Short Bowel Syndrome Market Insights Help?
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Short Bowel Syndrome market
- To understand the future market competition in the Short Bowel Syndrome market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Short Bowel Syndrome in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the Short Bowel Syndrome market
- To understand the future market competition in the Short Bowel Syndrome market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States