(Global Internet Competition of “Straight to Wuzhen 2021 online registration kicks off)
The kick-off of the registration this year for Global Internet Competition (GIC), or generally named “Straight to Wuzhen”, covers a time from this date to July 31, according to the Organizing Committee. Qualified enterprises can log onto the official website of the World Internet Conference (www.wicwuzhen.cn) and click the “Straight to Wuzhen registration” button to sign up, or visit the website of GIC (gic.wicwuzhen.cn) to find the notice from “Media Coverage” or “Notifications” and scan the QR code to register.
An Unbeaten Path for the Internet in Digital Economy
The world is seeing IT-related breakthroughs at an accelerated pace, and therefore digital economy, which features digital knowledge and data as a key productive force, has become a new engine for global economic recovery in the post-international financial crisis era.. Digital economy is now being embraced worldwide as a vital measure to improve the quality and efficiency of real economy and restore a country’s core strength. People are working vigorously to further integrate digital economy into the real one and activate multi-lateral competition and cooperation in a fresh round of efforts to seize technological and industrial heights.
Of the parallel meetings and the other three major events, which altogether constitute the World Internet Conference, the Competition is more than a year-long international competing event that spotlights digital economy. By unveiling new technologies, operating models or business forms, GIC connects people both in China and abroad with startup programs, technology, professionals and investors, and is considered a platform calling for more opportunities in digital economy.
The Competition, directed by the Cyberspace Administration of China, is hosted by Zhejiang Provincial People’s Government and jointly organized by Provincial Department of Economy and Information Technology, Cyberspace Administration of Zhejiang Province, Provincial Department of Science and Technology, City of Jiaxing and County of Tongxiang. The event this year, titled “A Party for the Smart”, will consist of parallel contests in five industries, i.e the Consumer Internet Services, the Industrial Internet, AI, Integrated Circuits and 5G Technology.
The GIC Final 2020
A prize pool of RMB five million to welcome entries serving digital economy worldwide
According to GIC agenda, each themed parallel contest will go through web-based qualifier, semifinal and final before the award ceremony.
In the qualifier, the Organizing Committee will solicit excellent entries of digital technology from all over the world and ask the panel of experts to conduct online review. About 15-20 entries will be the selected for each semifinal of the parallel contest. The semifinals will be staged respectively in areas like Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei region, Yangtze River Delta, Guangdong-Hong-Kong-Macau Bay Area or the Yangtze River Economic Belt, in which the selection of city is based on the chosen industry and local economic strength. The Chinese contestants will be requested to make on-site roadshows, while their overseas counterparts will do it by a video link. Contestants from both China and abroad can share the same floor, and judges can make on-site comments or share views online, thanks for the digital technology. The top ten entries of an industry at each semifinal will be eligible for the final, which will be held during the WIC. The final allows on-site roadshows for Chinese entries and cloud-based shows for the rest global entries, while, based on the scores given by the judge panel, the first, second and third prize winners will eventually be announced. The winners can not only yield cash award but may also have an opportunity to talk to business leaders and top investors. The first prize winner of each parallel contest will come to the stage at the WIC award ceremony to show to global audience.
The GIC Final
The registration kicks off to welcome all entries
The Organizing Committee confirmed the online registration this year has now been open to the world. Contestants can either log onto the official website of World Internet Conference (www.wicwuzhen.cn) and click the “Straight to Wuzhen registration” button to sign up, or visit the website of GIC (gic.wicwuzhen.cn) to find the notice on the “Media Coverage” or “Notifications” and scan the QR code to register.
1. The entry should belong to any of the five industries, i.e. Consumer Internet Services, Industrial Internet, AI, Integrated Circuits and 5G Technology;
2. The company owing an entry must have been registered by the local authority and shall be free of any scandal or spotty record;
3. At least one member of the team behind an entry is required to have a PhD degree or have a work experience as a senior manager of a large dotcom;
4. The entry has completed an Angel Investment or above;
5. The company owning an entry shall possess intellectual property rights over the said entry, which shall not be in infringement of any patent right, copyright, trademark right and other intellectual property right of anyone else, nor in violation of relevant laws and regulations, otherwise the entry will be disqualified;
6. An entry shall be delivered with other written materials as required, the accuracy and authenticity of all information and data provided shall be assured by the contestants, and a letter of commitment for authenticity must be signed. The entry will be disqualified just in case of any false information or data;
7. The result of the GIC Final will be available on WIC and GIC websites and other platforms for public supervision. Any contestant who fails to pass the public scrutiny within a month will be disqualified and consequently be requested to have the prize, certificate and trophy returned.