The global krill oil market size is projected to be valued at USD 664.6 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.6%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing consumer health awareness, coupled with rising investment in clinical research and development is expected to promote market growth over the forecast.
Health benefits offered by consumption of krill oil to reduce cholesterol level, blood pressure, and coronary heart diseases such as heart attacks and strokes are expected to drive demand in the forecast period. In addition, increasing demand for supplements and functional foods by consumers owing to growing health concerns coupled with high disposable income is further anticipated to propel market expansion over the forecast period.
Increasing spending on the pharmaceutical sector in countries such as China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam are expected to stimulate industry expansion. The rising population in developing countries is further expected to fuel the demand for omega 3 products in applications such as nutrition supplements and infant formula. Moreover, the changing lifestyles of consumers and increasing concerns regarding health issues, especially coronary heart diseases, are expected to further fuel the demand for omega 3 products thereby benefitting market growth over the forecast period.
Companies are focusing on backward integration in order to gain more control over the value chain. The krill fishery is highly regulated owing to which the number of manufacturers is limited which can restrict the growth in the forecast period.
The market in Europe is expected to be valued at USD 223.8 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 10.1% over the forecast period. The presence of major krill oil manufacturers and prominent coastlines in the region is driving the demand for krill oil-based products. Moreover, growing health awareness in Europe is anticipated to augment the demand for supplements and functional food, pharmaceutical, and infant formula application segments.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/krill-oil-market
Krill Oil Market Report Highlights
• In terms of value, the dietary supplements segment is anticipated to reach USD 385.2 million by 2027, at a CAGR of 10.6% from 2020 to 2027
• The softgels segment is expected to dominate the market by 2027, accounting for 39% market share. Softgels are highly preferred by consumers as they do not have a bad odor and have fewer side effects in comparison to liquid krill oil. The robust presence of gelatin production units along with the increasing demand for nutraceutical products is expected to open new avenues across the globe over the forecast period
• Europe held the largest share in 2019 and is likely to register considerable growth over the forecast period. Increasing product consumption, especially in the form of dietary supplements, on account of the rising aging population, particularly in developed economies such as Germany, France, Netherlands, and the U.K., is likely to drive the market
• The market in the U.S. is anticipated to reach USD 102.6 million by 2027. Increasing consumption of enhanced medication to prevent and/or to treat chronic diseases is likely to spur the overall demand for omega-3 in the upcoming years.
• The krill oil market is consolidated in nature with the presence of a few global players. The major market share is dominated by the big giants such as Aker Biomarine, Neptune Wellness Solutions, and Rimfrost AS. These key players have a stronghold on the regional markets.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/krill-oil-market/request/rs15
Krill Oil Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global krill oil market on the basis of product, application, and region:
Krill Oil Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
Krill Oil Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Dietary Supplements
• Animal Feed
• Functional Food & Beverages
Krill Oil Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/4240/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States