Greenville, South Carolina – July 20, 2021 – The new program from Merit Technologies is designed to help companies keep educated, safe, and HIPAA compliant. Giving healthcare IT and security specialists greater knowledge and control over the mountain of electronic health records, codes, and regulations.
Since 2009, Merit Technologies has been working with companies to reduce the cost of managing their corporate information technology while drastically improving employee productivity. Their services include dedicated MSP Support, virtual CIO, data security, and Software-as-a-Service.
The team at Merit will help clients avoid hefty legal fines by offering the latest healthcare compliance and cybersecurity program. Merit Technologies offers a full suite of HIPAA-compliant technology solutions for small, medium, and large healthcare organizations that directly address these issues.
Their new offering focuses on four areas:
- Data Loss Prevention: Gives companies ultimate visibility into where and how sensitive data is going, allowing them to manage where their most critical data is being sent and how it is being received.
- HIPAA Risk Analysis: A rigorous and detailed identification and prioritization of key risks currently facing a company, exploring the likelihood of a breach and the magnitude of its potential impact.
- HIPAA Cybersecurity Training: Provides comprehensive, engaging, HIPAA-compliant security training to employees, reducing the chance of a data breach.
- Penetration Testing: A proven methodology that replicates real-world attack scenarios, testing IT infrastructure so that companies can protect confidential data from today’s ever-evolving threats.
It makes great sense to be partnering with a HIPAA-verified Managed Service Provider. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), as many as 70% of healthcare providers aren’t HIPAA compliant. Non-compliance can lead to huge financial penalties and even jail time, making it the smart decision to do what is needed to make sure the organization complies in every way possible.
Part of becoming HIPAA compliant is carrying out regular risk assessments which are designed to expose vulnerabilities in the systems – vulnerabilities such as missing or weak encryption of data, poor disaster recovery plans and strategies, and inadequate patch management to name a few.
A HIPAA-verified MSP can ensure the organization, and the in-house IT department if there is one, remains HIPAA compliant by:
- Conducting HIPAA Security Risk Assessments.
- Encrypting all PHI and stored data both in transit and at rest.
- Implementing backup and disaster recovery plans and solutions to keep data secure.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and providing high quality solutions.
- Providing the necessary technology to ensure data security.
- Providing services such as Remote Monitoring Management (RMM), cloud-to-cloud backup, and authentication and access management.
- Providing Compliance-as-a-service (CaaS).
Client Testimonials always tell the story. Take a look at what Robert Benson – Executive Director, Rolling Green Village, has to say, “We cannot say enough wonderful things about Merit. The staff are top notch, incredibly responsive, and feel like part of Rolling Green Village’s family. Merit has served RGV for many years. They are careful to study our infrastructure and are always mindful of our budget while they strive to keep us at the forefront of technology for our industry. When tickets are opened, Merit’s staff make us feel like we are first priority, despite how much may be on their plates. We appreciate their proactive approach in helping us navigate the world of cyber threats and maintain HIPAA compliance.”
If you’re ready to boost productivity while keeping Electronic Protected Healthcare Information (ePHI) secure with a HIPAA-compliant IT company, visit: https://merittechnologies.com/
Company Name: Merit Technologies
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Address:68 Pointe Circle, Suite 3202
State: SC 29615
Country: United States