As per the insights by Fact.MR, the global bioceramics market is estimated to expand at a rate of 1.5X, totaling US$ 23 bn by 2031 in comparison to the valuation of US$ 14 bn registered in the year 2020. Due to the rise in prevalence of dental disorders and musculoskeletal conditions, the market for bioceramics is likely to exhibit growth at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period 2021 to 2031.
Increasing incidence of oral disorders such as dental caries, oral cancer, periodontal (gum) disease, and oro-dental trauma, among others, is a primal aspect driving the market growth. According to a study by the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2017, around 3.5 billion people are suffering from oral diseases across the globe, with 2.3 billion people having caries of permanent teeth.
The advent of highly advanced dental implant solutions such as bridges, dental crowns, dentures, and bristles is intended to prevent teeth loss amongst patients suffering from such disorders. As a result the number of teeth implant surgeries conducted in a year has considerably increased, in turn, stimulating demand for bioceramics.
The market for bioceramics in North America is expected to demonstrate rapid growth, owing to high demand for carbon bioceramics across the region. As per the American Ceramic Society, bioceramics applications have grown across tissue engineering, orthopedics, and dentistry. This is making the region a center point for market expansion.
“With competition gradually soaring, market players are focusing on specialized product offerings. There is high emphasis on getting patent rights and certifications from international organizations. In order to expand their expertise, some of the companies are focusing on strategic partnerships,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Key Takeaways from Bioceramics Market Study
- In North America, the U.S. is dominating the bioceramics market. It accounted for market sales revenue of over US$ 4 billion in 2020.
- The China market is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 4 billion through 2031, exhibiting growth at a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period.
- Europe is likely to emerge as one of the most lucrative markets across the globe, owing to the expansion of the orthopedic sector in countries such as Germany and the U.K.
- Based on material, carbon bioceramics are dominating and are expected to exhibit a rise in sales at a CAGR of 7% by 2031.
- The Asia Pacific market for bioceramics is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 3 billion by the end of 2031.
- Increasing incidence of dental disorders is fueling the demand for bioceramics.
- Rising prevalence of musculoskeletal conditions is spurring the sales of bioceramics.
- Rising demand for lightweight and flexible materials to minimize discomfort in orthopedic implants will create prospects for bioceramics sales in the coming years.
- High cost of bioceramics is a key factor impeding the growth of the market
- Brittle nature and low fatigue strength of the bioceramics are hampering the market sales.
Request Bioceramics Market Customization at:
Besides focus on expanding their product portfolio, bioceramics market players are focusing on partnerships and mergers and acquisitions to strengthen their footprint amid competition. For instance:
- In April 2021, CoorsTek, a U.S. based company, expanded its manufacturing facility in Benton, Arkansas, to support the innovation and evolution in key domains, including bioceramics.
- In January 2021, DOCERAM Medical Ceramics, a Germany based company announced introducing it new product catalogue, that included wide range of zirconia products such as the Nacera®.
Some of the prominent market players operating in the bioceramics market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- Amedica Corporation
- Cam Bioceramics BV
- CeramTec GmbH
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain
- CoorsTek Medical LLC
- DePuy Synthes
- DOCERAM Medical Ceramics GmbH
- H.C. Starck GmbH
- Morgan Advanced Materials Plc.
- Royal DSM NV
More Valuable Insights on Bioceramics Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global bioceramics market, analyzing forecast statistics through 2019 and beyond. The survey reveals growth projections on in bioceramics market with detailed segmentation:
- Bioceramics for Orthopedic Implants
- Bioceramics for Dental Implants
- Bioceramics for Implantable Electronic Devices
- Bioceramics for Other Applications
- Alumina Bioceramics
- Zirconia Bioceramics
- Carbon Bioceramics
- Other Material Bioceramics
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Read Fact.MR Exclusive Article on 5 leading pallet truck manufacturers globally
Key Questions Covered in the Bioceramics Market Report
- The market survey also highlights projected sales growth for bioceramics market between 2021 and 2031
- The report offers insight into bioceramics demand outlook for forecast period 2021-2031
- Bioceramics market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Bioceramics market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company Name: Fact.MR
Contact Person: Neha Bhosle
Email: Send Email
Address:US Sales Office: 11140 Rockville Pike
Country: United States