A video game is an electronic game that can be played on a computer, gaming console, or smartphone. Video games are divided into two categories: computer games and console games, depending on the platform. However, the introduction of social networks, cellphones, and tablets in recent years has given rise to new categories such as mobile and social games. Since the first games were released in the 1970s, video games have come a long way. Today’s video games have photorealistic graphics and, in many cases, realistic simulations of reality.
The global pandemic and stay-at-home orders in several nations have given the sector a boost. At this time, the gaming business employs over two billion people worldwide, accounting for over a quarter of the world’s population. Tech businesses are eager to engage in this revenue stream because of the industry’s high profit margins. Google, Facebook, and Apple are just a few of the tech giants that have entered the video game industry.
The global video game market size is expected to reach USD 317.17 Billion in 2028 and register a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Increase in per capita income, rise in interest in video games, and increase in usage of smartphones and consoles are key factors fueling market revenue growth. Games have become an important part of social and entertainment fabric in various countries across the globe and adoption of various gaming platforms is propelling market revenue growth.
Video game industry has witnessed a major surge in demand during the COVID-19 pandemic due to mandatory lockdown in many countries. People are turning to gaming platforms which are attracting more and more players in terms of online traffic. The pandemic has pushed at-home activities such as video games at the forefront of entertainment. Rise in community and social gaming, new console releases, and increase in launches of new hit titles are contributing significantly to growth of the market. However, increasing piracy and online fraud is a major factor restraining market growth.
Major players in the market include Microsoft Corporation, Apple, Inc., Nintendo Co., Ltd., Activision Blizzard, Inc., Electronic Arts, Inc., Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., Lucid Games, Ltd., Valve Corporation, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Inc., and Ubisoft Entertainments S.A.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4152
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- In July 2021, PowerZ, which is a French startup, raised funding of USD 8.3 million, including USD 1.2 million in debt. PowerZ is an edtech startup and a video game studio that wants to build video game as engaging as Fortnite and Minecraft, but with focus on education. It is aimed for kids above 6 years old and can transport players into a fantasy world with magic spells and cute dragons.
- Console segment revenue is expected to expand at a significantly robust rate during the forecast period due to increased popularity as consoles provides complex graphics and HD display. Rise in demand for advanced wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 are contributing to growth of this segment. Launch of next-generation consoles and accompanying games are further driving demand for game consoles.
- Online gaming segment revenue is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast due to improvements in cloud gaming experience and rise in trend of online streaming of games. Playing online offer gamers access to global platforms to play and interact with people from different parts of the world in real time. Availability of numerous online platforms is also driving growth of the online segment.
- Residential segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 due to growing popularity of video games at home. The coronavirus pandemic has forced individuals and families to stay indoors and this has resulted in a major shift to video games as a form of Availability of improved content and advanced graphics is driving growth of the residential segment.
- Video game market in Asia Pacific accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 due to high demand from China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Gaming industry growth is driven by a rapid surge in the number of free-to-play options. High speed 4G Internet penetration and world’s lowest data tariffs in India are other factors driving market growth.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/video-game-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global video game market based on device, type, application, end-use, and region:
Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Order Now: @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/4152
Table of Content:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Video Game Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
Chapter 5. Competitive Landscape
5.1. Market Revenue Share By Manufacturers
5.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
5.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4. Market positioning
5.5. Strategy Benchmarking
5.6. Vendor Landscape
Thank you for reading our report. For customization inquiry or further information, please connect with us and we will ensure you get the report that meets your requirements.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States