The global thyroid function tests market size is expected to reach USD 2.44 Billion by 2028 at a CAGR of 6.2%, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Growing incidence of lifestyle diseases, rapidly rising incidence of thyroid disorders, and increasing demand for efficient and early detection of disorders to improve their management are key factors expected to drive market revenue growth over the forecast period. In addition, gradually growing awareness regarding thyroid disorders in developing countries, increasing private and public investment, and rising caseload of thyroid cancer are also expected to contribute to market growth going ahead.
Thyroid function tests are a series of blood tests carried out to measure the levels of thyroid hormones in bloodstream and assess function of the thyroid gland. Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland located in the lower part of the neck which secretes two main hormones; triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). Thyroid gland maintains and regulates numerous body processes such as metabolism, energy production, and mood. Disruption in the levels of either of these two hormones could indicate thyroid dysfunction and can have several causes such as high alcohol consumption and smoking, obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders. Thyroid function tests diagnose and differentiate between an overactive and an underactive thyroid gland. Thyroid function tests are designed to differentiate hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism from euthyroid state. These tests are also carried out to monitor treatment with thyroid replacement medicine in people with hypothyroidism and measure thyroid function in people with hyperthyroidism.
Increasing prevalence of sedentary lifestyle and lifestyle-induced diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart conditions across all age group has further boosted demand for thyroid function tests as a routine assessment. This is expected to contribute significantly to revenue growth of the market over the forecast period. However, dearth of skilled endocrinologists, low awareness about thyroid conditions and diagnostic tests in underdeveloped countries, and unfavorable reimbursement scenario are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4014
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- TSH test segment is expected to register significant revenue share over the forecast period owing to increasing burden of thyroid disorders and chronic diseases, growing demand for cost-efficient diagnostic tests, and growing prevalence of subclinical hypothyroidism.
- Hospitals segment is expected to register rapid revenue CAGR over the forecast period attributable to increasing application of thyroid function tests in hospitals, growing patient pool, and improved affordability of thyroid panel in hospital-based laboratories.
- North America is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market over the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of thyroid disorders and autoimmune disorders, establishment of state-of-the-art healthcare infrastructure, and adoption of thyroid function tests in routine health assessments.
- Prominent companies in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Roche AG, DiaSorin, Danaher Corporation, Kronus, Merck KGaA, Cortez Diagnostics, Siemens Healthineers, bioMérieux, Qualigen, and Autobio Diagnostics, among others.
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/4014
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global thyroid function tests market based on type, end-use, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Other tests
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Laboratories & Institutes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4014
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States