The global 5G chipset market size is projected to reach USD 40.4 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Million Insights. Rapidly growing demand for low latency and ultra-reliable data networks to offer seamless connectivity is expected to augment the market growth in the next few years. 5G chipset is becoming an important component in telecommunication equipment. 5G chipset is widely found in base stations, routers, laptops, smartphones, and modem. This module is also installed in automated vehicles to enhance Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) connectivity.
The rising popularity of 5G-enabled tablets/smartphones is a key factor to boost the market growth. Therefore, smartphone manufacturers are extensively investing in vertical integration to fulfill the rising demand for 5G-enabled smartphones and to augment their revenues. For example, in 2019, Intel Corporation’s smartphone modem business portfolio is acquired by Apple, Inc. for USD 1billion. This acquisition is emphasizing on development of 5G chipset modules for the new launch of 5G-enabled iPhone by Apple Inc.
To download the sample PDF of “5G Chipset Market Report” please click here:
5G chipset modules also play a vital role in smart city projects to provide seamless connectivity for smart streetlights, smart grids, and other automated devices. This component are also expected to be an integral part of the manufacturing industry by offering high reliability and low-latency data network for several critical applications like remote process control and monitoring. In addition, increasing deployment of this chipset in the manufacturing industry willoffer robust Machine to Machine (M2M) connectivity are projected to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
Due to rapid spreading of COVID-19, prominent economies including Japan, U.S., and China have shut down their industrial operation and business temporarily. Hence, this scenario has hampered the 5G chipset sale and production. Moreover, in European countries, the governments are facing some challenges in developing 5G commercialization process to deliver advanced data bandwidth. For example, France has postponed its 5G auction process due to this outbreak of COVID-19 in this country. However, several market players are still striving to expand their business by collaborating with other industry players
Moreover, growing concern about data security exchanged over the 5G network is expected to hamper the 5G chipset market growth. Governments from various countries such as Germany, U.K, and U.S. are highly concerned regarding privacy issues and information security. Hence, they have enrolled strict regulations and policies to ensure data security exchanged over 5G networks.
To browse report summary & detailed TOC, please click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• In 2019, U.S. has generated revenue of USD 267.6 million on account ofa large sum ofinvestment for developing 5G chipsets by prominent players such as Qorvo, Inc., Intel Corporation, and Qualcomm Incorporated.
• Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 67.0% from 2020 to 2027 owing to rapidly growing demand for 5G-enabled smartphones coupled with rising investment on building 5G network infrastructure by key market players such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
• In 2019. Smartphone/tablet segment has generated revenue of USD 633.1 million owing to rising demand for 5G chipsets for smartphones application including Virtual Reality (VR) and augmented Reality (AR) gaming and for accessing UHD video.
• Market players are concentrating on R&D activities to develop advanced 5G chipsets like single-mode standalone and multi-mode chipsets. This strategy is expected to encourage the market players to expand their product portfolio as well as market presence.
• Intel Corporation; Qualcomm Incorporated; Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.; MediaTek Inc.; Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.; Unisoc Communications, Inc.; Qorvo, Inc.; Xilinx Inc; and Infineon Technologies AG are major players operating in this market
Million Insight segmented the global 5G chipset market on the basis of frequency type, processing node, deployment, vertical, and region:
5G Chipset Frequency Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2027)
• sub-6GHz + mmWave
5G Chipset Processing Node Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2027)
• 7 nm
• 10 nm
5G Chipset Deployment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2027)
• Telecom Base Station Equipment
• Connected Vehicles
• Connected Devices
• Broadband Access Gateway Devices
5G Chipset Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2027)
• Energy & Utilities
• Media & Entertainment
• IT & Telecom
• Transportation & Logistics
5G Chipset Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2027)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
Browse the Latest Press Releases Available with Million Insights:
• Cryotherapy Market – The global cryotherapy market is estimated to arrive at USD 8.4 billion by 2028. It is projected to develop by 10.3% CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
• Automotive Transmission Market – The global automotive transmission market size is estimated to arrive at USD 211.85 billion by 2028. It is projected to develop by 5.2% CAGR in the period of forecast.
About Million Insights
Million Insights, is a distributor of market research reports, published by premium publishers only. We have a comprehensive market place that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store, includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
Company Name: Million Insights
Contact Person: Ryan Manuel
Email: Send Email
Address:Office No. 302, 3rd Floor, Manikchand Galleria, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar