E-bike Market Overview
The e-bike market was valued at USD 23.89 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 47.68 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.27% during the forecast period, 2021-2026. The report also covers a detailed study on the e-bike manufacturers and components suppliers globally. With the increasing consumer’s preference towards recreational and adventure activities, the adoption of e-bike applications in several sectors, like logistics and e-bike rental services, is expected to drive the market. Some of the major factors driving the sales of the e-bike market are the innovative nature of the product, fully integrated batteries and drives, appealing designs, as well as the use of high-quality materials.
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global e-bike market.
In the Asia-Pacific region, China led the regional market. The largest consumption of electric bikes was in China, which boosted the sales figure, thus influencing the growth of the global market for electric bikes. Some of the major reasons considered for adopting e-bikes are the health benefits, environmental benefits, reduction in expenditure, avoidance of traffic congestion, and the increase in demand for e-bikes as sports equipment among the youth.
Key Highlights of the Market
- The European region is the fastest-growing market and accounted for approximately 39% of the e-bike market. The European region was dominated by Germany, followed by France and Italy.
- The e-bike market is extremely fragmented, with the major players holding a low share of the total market share.
- Some of the notable major players in the e-bike market are Giant Bicycles, Merida, Trek Bikes, Riese & Muller, and M1 Sporttechnik.
- The growing demand for eco-friendly transportation and the governments and international organizations worldwide are enacting stringent emission norms to reduce carbon emission levels are enabling the electric bicycle market’s growth.
- In 2020, by propulsion type, pedal-assisted e-bikes dominated the market and accounted for a significant share of the global market.
List of Key Players in the E-bike Market
- Giant Bicycles Co. Ltd
- Merida Industry Co. Ltd
- Riese & Muller
- Fritzmeier Systems GmbH & Co. KG (M Sporttechnik)
- Yamaha Bicycles
- Trek Bikes
- Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
- VanMoof BV
- Ampler Bikes
- Tron X-Motors
- Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
- BMZ GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
- LG Chem
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Shimano Inc.
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global e-bike market on the basis of propulsion, application, battery type, power, and geography:
- Propulsion Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Pedal Assisted
- Throttle Assisted (Power-on-demand)
- Application Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Trekking (E-mountain Bikes/e-MTB)
- Battery Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Lead-acid Battery
- Power Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Less than and Equal to 250W
- Above 250W
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- Rest of North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Related Reports & Links
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/mordor-intelligence-automotive
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008