Fact.MR’s study on global linear motor market projects a steady growth over the forecast period of 2021 and 2031. The market is forecast to surpass a valuation of over US$ 2 billion, exhibiting a strong growth of 6% CAGR through 2031.
Linear motor market outlook remains positive, thanks to the rising demand for coreless linear motors within diverse end use sectors. Advantages such as light weight, higher operating efficiency and less wastage of fuel are contributing towards linear motor market growth.
Demand for durable coreless linear motor across the electronics & assembly, packaging and semi-conductor industry will drive sales over the coming years.
Technological advancements in industrial production, including robotic automation and additive manufacturing, have improved the scope for adoption of linear motors.
Uptake of linear motors across China and Japan is increasing at an impressive pace owing to the easing manufacturing process. Furthermore, increasing application within aerospace, electronics and automotive industries is spurring the adoption of linear motors.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Additionally, surging application of linear motor in piezoelectric device manufacturing for higher precision is improving the demand.
Expansion of packaging industry is establishing unwavering revenue pools for semiconductor companies. Manufacturers are adopting linear motors replacing pneumatic cylinders in packaging applications for dynamic and durability drive.
For instance, LinMot, a U.S.-based linear motors and motor systems manufacturers has increased its product portfolio for packaging applications to offer flexibility in machinery used for feeding, sealing, and discharge end-use.
Hence, adoption of linear motors across various end-use sectors is accelerating the market growth throughout the forecast period.
“Surging demand of linear motor across various industries such as electronics & assembly, industrial automation, and semi-conductor and packaging, especially across China and Japan are offering remunerative opportunities for market players,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
- Increasing electronics application across the automotive industry is improving the demand for semi-conductors, generating lucrative opportunities for linear motor manufacturers
- In terms of design, cylindrical linear motor will emerge as a lucrative segment throughout the forecast period
- Coreless linear motor will witness impressive growth on the back of surging demand in packaging, semi-conductor, and automotive industries
- Multi-axis linear motor segment is anticipated to be in demand over the coming years
- China will be one of the most lucrative markets for linear motors through 2031
- Increasing demand of linear motors within Japan’s aerospace industry will spur the sales during the forecast period
- Direct OEMs and distributors will collectively contribute maximum revenue for linear motor sales
Key linear motor manufacturers are reliant on a slew of expansion strategies such as strategic mergers & collaborations, new product innovations and launches to maintain the competitive edge in the industry.
In 2019, ANCA motions announced the latest addition of LinX M series of tubular linear motor to support automation applications. The LinX M-series linear motor featured with an integrated position sensor with 10um of resolution, eliminating the need of an external encoder. The motor produces a continuous force range of 90N to 160 and a peak force range of up to 1,200N.
In May 2020, Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd., announced the launch of new linear conveyer module LCMR200.
In February 2021, ETEL SA, launched the new DXRH rotary axis with 360,000 lines encoder.
Prominent linear motor manufacturers listed in Fact.MR’s report are listed below:
- Aerotech Inc.
- ANCA Group
- BOSCH Rexroth
- ETEL S.A.
- FANUC Corporation
- Hitachi Metals Ltd.
- HIWIN Corporation
- Jenney Science AG
- KML Linear Motion Technology GmbH
- Kollmorgen Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Moog Inc.
- NTI AG LinMot & MagSpring
- Oswald Elektromotoren GmbH
- Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- Piezo Motor Uppsala AB
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Sodick Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
More Valuable Insights on Linear Motor Market
Fact.MR, in its latest report, offers an unbiased analysis on the global linear motor market. The study divulges essential insights on the major trends and opportunities of global linear motor market. To gain a better perspective on the market potential and scope, the market is classified on the basis of:
- Flatbed Linear Motors
- U-Channel Linear Motors
- Cylindrical Linear Motors
- Direct OEMs
- Direct System Integrators
- Single-axis Linear Motors
- Multi-axis Linear Motors
- Iron Core Linear Motors
- Coreless Linear Motors
- Electronics and Assembly Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Medical and Scientific Applications
- High-load Applications
- Flat Panel Display
- Machine Tools – Metal Forming & Cutting
- Packaging and Labeling
- Non-industrial Applications
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- North America (US and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa and Rest of MEA)
- South America (Brazil and Rest of South America)
Key Questions Covered in the Report
- Which is the most prominent market for linear motors?
- Which are the prominent manufacturers operating in the linear motor market?
- Which is the most preferred design for linear motors?
- What are the major growth drivers that are expected to prevail the market in the upcoming decade?
- What are the key challenges faced by linear motor manufacturers?
- What is the impact of Covid-19 on linear motor market?
Read Fact.MR Exclusive Article on 5 leading pallet truck manufacturers globally
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company Name: Fact.MR
Contact Person: Neha Bhosle
Email: Send Email
Address:US Sales Office: 11140 Rockville Pike
Country: United States