Tucson, AZ, USA – Carl Allen, editor of Dealmaker Wealth Society and PROX Capital Equity Group, was a recent guest on Top M&A Entrepreneurs podcast series hosted by Jon Stoddard, managing partner at Investor Acquisition Advisors. Listen on Youtube or Buzzsprout (audio only) for the full interview.
Carl is an entrepreneur, investor and corporate dealmaker with almost three decades of experience. He has worked on transactions worth over $48 billion, which includes over 330 acquisitions. For almost three decades, Carl has analyzed thousands of businesses, big and small, in 17 different countries and across nearly every business sector.
Carl’s reputation as an investor and corporate dealmaker has led him to advise some of the world’s largest corporations on investments, acquisitions, disposals and restructuring. Carl has also assisted hundreds of business owners in raising both equity and debt finance. He is one of the world’s premier experts on buying and financing small business acquisitions and coaches entrepreneurs all over the world to buy small businesses rather than starting new ones.
In the Podcast interview, Carl shares his inspiring journey from being a corporate investment banker at Wall street to starting his own coaching business. He has coached well over 7000 students so far. Citing the reasons behind the phenomenal success of his business, he emphasized the importance of having an efficient team that can help run things smoothly and scale up the business. The second important factor he highlighted was to have systems in place and constantly refine them to address the changing market requirements.
“Everyone has the ability to be successful in life and achieve their dreams if they put in hard work, follow the rules and build a system,” said Carl. “It’s all about mindset. It’s all about taking action and it’s all about implementing.”
During the interview that lasted for around 40 minutes, Carl shared the learnings from his personal experiences and several useful advices for both new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Carl also opened up about his personal life, family, kids, his mentors, his tattoos and how he loves giving back to society. He also shared his secrets about getting a perfect work-life balance.
Some topics discussed in the Podcast:
- What happened to Ninja Acquisitions & his deal with Agora Publishing
- One student’s success story – 16 Acquisitions a year – Another headed to Billion Dollar Valuation
- Why He wants to be the “Warren Buffett of Mainstreet”
- How many hours, days he works now – how much money he has…
- The difference between success and failure
- Is deal making a get rich quick scheme?
- His library, his mentor, his Dad, Tony Robbins & modeling success
- The 3 types of books he likes to read
- When he gets a book recommendation…
- His deal with Agora – buying back his business one year later – what he learned
- His Private Equity fund, PROX how his fund works with students
- Thoughts on SBA funding
- How Amazon did it
- Thoughts about Michael Dell, EMC & VMware – one of his favorite stories & modeling successful people
- His tattoo – do something crazy – that he would never get away with on Wall Street
- Free Masons
- What Rocky Balboa and losing his father shaped him
- What he learned from Tony Robbins
- What Price vs Value of Art – Value = Benefit – Price
- Michael Jordan and the Last Dance
Carl Allen can be reached through his company website: https://dealmakerwealthsociety.com/
About the “Top M&A Entrepreneurs” Podcast Series
The “Top M&A Entrepreneurs” Podcast Series is run and hosted by Jon Stoddard. Every week, Jon talks to “The Top M&A Entrepreneurs” to ask them about their successes, failures, what inspires them, their M&A model, what they do, what M&A means to their business, how they do it and why they do it.
The Podcast is available on multiple platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Amazon Music, Stitcher, TuneIn + Alexa, Podcast Addict, Castro, Castbox, Podchaser, Pocket Casts, Deezer, Listen Notes, Player FM, Podcast Index, Podfriend, RSS Feed etc.
For more information about the Podcast Series and other inquiries, send an email or reach out via the website (https://www.investoracquisitionadvisors.com/).