Allergy Diagnostics Market Overview
The allergy diagnostics market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.3% during the forecast period. With the growing burden of allergic diseases such as asthma, allergic rhinitis or hay fever, and food allergy, the diagnostic market for allergy is expected to grow significantly. According to a research study by Desiderio Passali et al., published in Asia Pacific Allergy Journal January 2018, globally, the prevalence of allergic rhinitis was 15%–25%. Furthermore, the latest diagnostic strategies for allergies and research on new treatment approaches are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
North America accounted for the largest share in the allergy diagnostics market
The United States is the largest allergy diagnostics market due to the high awareness toward allergies among the population, better regulatory guidelines that mandate allergic testing in all cases of intensive and emergency care, and better healthcare infrastructure to deal with patient’s allergic situations. In Canada, over 3.8 million individuals had asthma in 2019, as per asthma Canada’s 2019 annual asthma survey report. Due to the high incidence of asthma in Canada, it is expected to increase demand for allergy diagnostics procedures in near future.
Key Highlights of the Market
- The major factors driving the allergy diagnostics market growth include increasing incidences of allergic diseases and environmental pollution.
- The allergy diagnostics market is fragmented, competitive, and consists of several market players. The market players are adopting various strategies such as product launches, collaborations, acquisitions, and expansions to increase market share.
- The presence of major market players, such as BioMerieux SA, Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc, Omega Diagnostics, Siemens Healthineers AG, Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics Inc., and Danaher Corporation, intensifies the market competition.
- The food allergens segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate, owing to considerable unawareness among individuals regarding certain food allergies.
List of Key Players in the Allergy Diagnostics Market*
- BioMerieux SA
- Danaher Corporation
- Showa Denko Materials Co., Ltd. (Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics)
- HOB Biotech Group Corp. Ltd
- HYCOR Biomedical
- Lincoln Diagnostics Inc.
- Omega Diagnostics Group Plc
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Stallergenes Greer Ltd
- Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc
- PerkinElmer Inc. (Euroimmun AG )
- R-Biopharm AG
- Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC (IDS)
- Biomerica, Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global allergy diagnostics market on the basis of Allergen, Product, End User, and Geography:
- Allergen Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Inhaled Allergens
- Food Allergens
- Other Allergens
- Product Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- End-User (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Other End Users
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Related Reports & Links
- In-vitro Diagnostic Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Molecular Diagnostics Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Follow us on LinkedIn: Mordor Intelligence
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008