According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, The global Biosimilars market size was USD 11.9 Billion in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of 24.6% during the forecast period. Biosimilar are alternatives to existing patented, and approved biologicss and possess similar medicinal properties as compared to the original biologics. The biosimilars vary a little from original biologics in terms of structure but must have similar safety and efficacy as compared to the originator biologics. Biosimilars development does not require Phase II clinical trial for approval and the focus is put on determination of ‘biosimilarity’ to the reference originator biologics. Thus it has much reduced clinical development timelines and reduced product costs as compared to use of original biologics.
The global market is driven by various of factors such as global prevalence of target disease prevalence across the globe, launch of biosimilars by various market players, favorable investments scenario, and upcoming patent expiry.
The Biosimilars market is characterized by presence of significant number of pharmaceutical giants as well as emerging players operating across the globe. Additionally, availability of research fundings, demand for cheaper biologics alternative and favorable regulatory scenario in Europe and Asia pacific is propelling the market in these regions. However, some regions such as U.S are facing slow adoption of biosimilars with first biosimilar approved in 2015 for Sandoz’s Zarxio (filgrastim), and 3, 5, and 7, biosimilars approved by FDA in 2016, 2017, and 2018, respectively..
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1177
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Biosimilars market is growing at a CAGR of 2% in Asia Pacific followed by North America and Europe, with 21.0% and 31.4% CAGR, respectively. High chronic disease prevalence across the globe is the key factor to accelerate the market growth during forecast period across all regions.
- As of 2018, Recombinant Non-glycosylated Proteins is the dominating Biosimilars which holds over 60% of the global market. European regional market is the chief revenue generating source for this product segment, followed by North America and Asia-Pacific regions.
- Recombinant Glycosylated Proteins is expected to be the fastest growing market segment during forecast period 2019-2028 with a CAGR of 33.4%. However, regulatory obstacles and manufacturing complexity are major challenge for the market growth of this market segment.
- Recombinant Peptides segment was estimated to account for USD 501.00 million in 2018 and is expected to grow reach USD 4.38 Billion by year 2028.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for the 32.8% of the global Biosimilars market. Developing nations such China, and India are likely to witness high growth.
- Some regions such as U.S. and Latin America are facing slow adoption of biosimilars due to stringent regulatory framework..
- Key participants include Amgen, Biocon, Celltrion, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Mylan, Pfizer, Samsung Biologics, Sandoz, Stada Arzneimittel, and Teva Pahrmaceutical .
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Biosimilars market on the basis of type, disease type, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Recombinant Non-glycosylated Proteins
- Recombinant Human Growth Hormone
- Granulocyte Colony-stimulating Factor
- Recombinant Glycosylated Proteins
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Other Monoclonal Antibodies
- Recombinant Peptides
Disease Type Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Blood Disorders
- Chronic Diseases
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Infectious Diseases
- Other Diseases
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Request a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1177
Key findings in the report:
- Information about key trends, technological developments, growing focus on drug discovery and investments in research and development activities
- Detailed insights about manufactures, product portfolios, pricing analysis and financial pricing
- Technological developments and detailed analysis in the volatile competitive landscape.
- New strategies adopted by new and emerging market players
- Estimation about manufactures, sales and import and export dynamics
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1177
Thank you for reading the research report on global Biosimilars market. Kindly contact us to know more about the customization feature and our team will offer the best suited report as per your requirement.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States