Everyone needs water to live. It makes up most of our bodies and is present in everything we eat and drink. That being the case, one wants the best tasting, cleanest water possible for one’s family. The easiest way to achieve this is by getting one’s very own Port St. Lucie water treatment system. Improved water quality and extended plumbing life are guaranteed when one upgrades or installs a new system.
There are a few different options for water treatment systems that can be installed in one’s home. Each comes with its own benefits, depending on one’s home’s needs. Read on to learn about the different types of water treatment systems available, along with their health benefits, as detailed by ineedtheplumber.com.
What Type Of Water Treatment System Is Right For One’s Home?
Water treatment systems remove organisms, sediment, and chemicals from one’s tap water, ensuring it’s as clean as possible when one opens the faucet. Properly treated water will also extend the life of household appliances that utilize it.
There are a variety of water treatment systems out there. Here’s a list of the most common ones and a description of how each works:
- Whole-House Water Purification System – Removing chlorine will make one’s home’s water spring-like and better than bottled water. Better tasting coffee, here we come!
- Water Heater Shield – A water heater shield will protect all types of water heaters from scale and sediment buildup.
- Six-Stage Reverse Osmosis System – Treating one’s drinking and under-the-counter water, this system provides further filtration of municipal water compared to carbon filtration alone.
- Drinking-Water Three-Stage System – This is the perfect system to utilize for great tasting water when a whole house system installation is not possible.
- UV System – This system disinfects one’s home’s water to rid it of bacteria and viruses.
With so many options to choose from, there’s no doubt one will find one that works for one’s home.
What Are the Health Benefits of Water Treatment?
When one has cleaner water available to one and one’s home, everything is improved. Here are some of the health benefits that can result from water treatment:
Safe Drinking Water
The most important benefit of water treatment is knowing that the water out of one’s tap for drinking and cooking is always safe.
Harmful Organism Reduction
Bacteria and viruses can live comfortably in untreated water. A proper water treatment system can reduce up to 99.9% of these organisms, keeping one and one’s family healthy.
Leaves Beneficial Minerals
One of the best water treatment health benefits is it leaves the bad and keeps the good.
Healthier Skin and Hair
Either use a filter or be a filter! Water treatment systems remove the chemicals, sediments, and minerals that would otherwise dry out one’s skin and hair.
There are few things one can add to one’s home that provide as many health benefits as a water treatment system. Start feeling better today!
The Benefits of Water Treatment Don’t Stop With one’s Health!
The health benefits alone can be reason enough to have a water treatment system installed in one’s home. The benefits, however, extend beyond health! Here are four household reasons that water treatment might be the right choice for one’s home:
- Save Money: Many people turn to bottled water to know that they are getting clean, pure water. The average family can spend upwards of $500 a year on bottled water. A water treatment system can save one money every day!
- Save the Environment: Plastic bottles play a major role in environmental waste. Even properly disposed of water bottles can end up not being recycled. By removing the need to use plastic water bottles, one is making the best choice for one’s home and the environment, as well!
- Save One’s Plumbing: One’s plumbing will thank one! Harmful chemicals, minerals, and heavy metals can take a serious toll on one’s pipes, causing corrosion and damage. A filtration system that removes these will extend the life of one’s plumbing and all of one’s water-utilizing home appliances!
- No More Build-up: Say goodbye to that white build-up on one’s dishes! The removal of limescale and minerals from one’s water will also increase the effectiveness of one’s cleaning products and appliances.
If one has made it this far, it’s easy to understand why water treatment is a good choice for one and one’s home. While the cost of an upgrade or installation may seem daunting, a water treatment system has never been more attainable with favorable financing options available to those who qualify.
How Does Home Water Treatment Work?
Now that one knows the benefits of installing a home water treatment system, let’s review how it works. Depending on the system one chooses, one’s water will travel through some or all of the following stages:
This step removes larger water contaminants like dirt, debris, sand, and sediment. It also increases the lifespan of the filtration system as a whole.
This step removes the remaining chlorine, bacteria, and metals and replaces them with minerals vital for our health, such as those one would find in a bottle of mineral water.
Activated Carbon Filtration
This step further removes contaminants in the water by acting like a sponge. Pores open in the carbon to allow water through, while the carbon binds with pollutants, holding them in place.
This stage uses ultraviolet waves to combat viruses, bacteria, and other microbes. UV Purification is 99.9% effective at removing these contaminants that can cause illness.
A quality water system is a must-have for one’s home. Depending on one’s needs, even the simplest filtration systems will give water treatment health benefits for one’s entire household. Hiring a professional plumber, like I Need The Plumber & Air Conditioning, is key to receiving the best system for one’s home.
They will inspect the system one already has in place, test one’s water for contaminants, and recommend the system that will work best for one.