Glass Bottles and Containers Market Overview
The glass bottles and containers market with a production of 689.94 billion units in 2020 was valued at USD 58.64 billion in 2020, and it is expected to be valued at USD 78.41 billion, and reach 922.43 billion units by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.18%, during the forecast period 2021-2026. The rise in beer consumption is one of the major factors driving the market growth worldwide. The glass bottles do not react with the chemicals present in alcoholic drinks and, therefore, preserves the aroma, strength, and flavor of these beverages, making them a favorable option for packaging. Glass packaging is 100% recyclable, making it a desirable packaging option from the environmental point of view. 6 tons of recycled glass directly saves 6 tons of resources and reduces the emission of CO2 by 1 ton.
Download free sample here – Glass Bottles and Containers market
Glass Bottles and Containers Market – Geographical Overview
The Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant market share in the glass bottles and containers market
The Asia-Pacific region is growing due to an increase in demand for pharmaceutical and chemical industries, which prefers glass packaging because of the inert nature of glass bottles. China, India, Japan, and Australia, among others, are the prominent nations majorly contributing to the growth of the Asia- Pacific glass packaging market. Japan boasts as one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical industries after the United States and is continuously focusing on strong innovation and patent drugs. The Government of Japan is also contributing to the growth through deregulations for international companies to invest, thus driving the pharmaceutical market, driving the growth of the country’s glass bottles and containers market.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Africa Glass Bottles & Containers Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Canada Glass Bottles and Containers Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Glass Bottles and Containers Market
- The glass bottles and containers market is highly competitive with few key players with solid access to distribution channels have a strong foothold in the market.
- In India, the re-usage of glass packaging solutions, especially bottles, is increasing. As the Indian consumers emphasize health, they prefer glass packaging over other options, as it prevents leaching from its surface.
- Dairy firms across the United Kingdom have witnessed a surge in demand for milk in glass bottles. About 17 out of 20 dairy businesses, researched by BBC News, have observed a rise in sales of glass milk bottles to homes and businesses amid concern over plastic waste.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Glass Bottles and Containers Market
The COVID-19 outbreak created a growing necessity for industries in the F&B sector to focus more on hygiene and sanitization. Given the current situation, people nowadays are opting for a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. As most of the products in this sector are included in essential services, it becomes crucial for the packaging sector to follow conservative practices.
Related Reports & Links
- Glass Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) Container Glass Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Global Bottles and Containers Market
- Owens-Illinois Inc.
- Vidrala SA
- Ardagh Packaging Group PLC
- Wiegand-Glas GmBH
- Verallia Packaging SAS (Horizon Holdings II SAS)
- Vetropack Holding Ltd
- Stölzle Glass Group (CAG Holding GmbH)
- AGI Glasspack Ltd
- Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd
- Vitro SAB de CV
- Consol Glass (Pty) Ltd
- Carib Glassworks Ltd
- Gerresheimer AG
- Middle East Glass Manufacturing Co SAE
- Toyo Glass Co. Ltd (Toyo Seikan Group)
- BA Glass BV
- Piramal Glass Ltd
- Verescence France
- APG Europe
- Saver Glass
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global glass bottles and containers market on the basis of end-user and geography:
- End-user Type (Market Size & Forecast (2019-2026) in USD billion and billion units)
- Soft Drinks
- Other End-user Verticals
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast (2019-2026) in USD billion and billion units)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008