Rigid Plastic Packaging Market Overview
The rigid plastic packaging market was valued at USD 490.34 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 685.84 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.75% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. According to Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS)’s Rigid Plastic Packaging Group (RPPG), Plastics account for one-third of the USD 700-billion global packaging industry, and much of this plastic packaging is rigid. The growing demand for rigid plastic packaging from the healthcare industry is also one of the critical factors that will trigger the growth of the market in recent years. Rigid plastic helps enterprises in the healthcare industry to protect medicines from contamination.
Download free sample here – Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market – Geographical Overview
The Asia-Pacific region holds the largest market share in the rigid plastic packaging market
The growing applications of rigid plastic packaging in the food, beverage, and healthcare industries enables market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. India, China, and Indonesia drive the Asia-Pacific region to lead the packaging demand from the global beauty and personal care industry. According to a report by PlastIndia Foundation, India has a manufacturing capacity of 4970 Kilo Ton per Annum (KTA) for Polypropylene (PP). According to IBEF, India is progressing in terms of plastic industries with 30000 plastic processing units and about 4 million people are employed in these industries.
Check our other latest reports on –
- North America Plastic Bottles Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Tube & Stick Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
- The rigid plastic packaging market is fragmented. Companies are focusing on providing lightweight and high-performance corrugated grades for reducing costs and improving the performance of packaging. Due to the presence of several players, the market has strong competition.
- The increasing demand for polypropylene from the packaging industry is estimated to stimulate market demand in the forecast period. Polypropylene films have exceptional optical clarity and low moisture/vapor transmission makes them appropriate for implementation in food packaging.
Related Reports & Links
- Global PET Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Polypropylene Packaging Films Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
- Amcor Plc.
- Berry Global Group
- Coveris Holdings S.A.
- Silgan Holdings
- Sealed Air
- Reynolds Group Holding
- Plastipak Holding
- Sonoco Products Company
- DS Smith
- Consolidated Container Co. LLC
- Graham Packaging Company Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global rigid plastic packaging market on the basis of product, material, manufacturing process, end-user industry, and geography:
- Product Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Bottles and Jars
- Trays and Containers
- Caps & Closures
- Other Product Types (blister & clamshell packs, and rigid plastic tubes)
- Material Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS) and Expanded polystyrene (EPS)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Other Rigid Plastic Packaging Materials
- Manufacturing Process (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Injection Molding
- Blow Molding
- Others (foam extrusion, calendaring, and roto-molding)
- End-user Industry (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Food & Beverage
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Building & Construction
- Others End-user industries (Electrical & Electronics)
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast by Material, Product, and End-user (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008