Polymer Catalyst Market Introduction
- Polymer catalysts are used to modify and increase the rate of reaction without being consumed in the polymerization process. Polymer catalysts include Ziegler–Natta catalysts, single-site catalysts, metallocene catalysts, and reaction initiator catalysts.
- Polymer catalysts are polymers possessing catalytically active moieties. The catalytic moiety is usually attached to the side chain of synthetic polymers such as polystyrene. Polymer catalysts are used as catalysts for various kinds of organic synthesis.
- In terms of catalyst, the global polymer catalyst market can be segmented into Zeigler-Natta, single-site, chromium, peroxide, and others. The Zeigler-Natta segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Zeigler-Natta catalyst is used in the synthesis of polymers of 1-alkenes (alpha-olefins). Zeigler-Natta catalyst systems are employed to make stereo-regular polymers.
Key Drivers of Polymer Catalyst Market
- Increase in production of various polymers is expected to boost the consumption of polymer catalysts during the forecast period. Polymer catalysts play a vital role in the polymerization of olefins, dienes, and styrene. The chemical industry uses these polymer catalysts for the production of increasing amount of plastic materials. Polymer catalysts, such as polyolefin catalysts, condensation polymer catalysts, thermosetting polymer catalysts, and additional polymer catalysts, are able to tailor the microstructure of the polymer chain.
Get Brochure of the Report @
- Rise in demand for Ziegler-Natta catalysts is anticipated to boost the polymer catalyst market during forecast period. Ziegler-Natta catalysts are mixtures of halides of transition metals, especially titanium, vanadium, chromium, and zirconium, with organic derivatives of non-transition metals, particularly alkyl aluminium compounds. There are two main classes of Ziegler-Natta catalysts, distinguished by their solubility.These catalysts have multiple types of active sites, each one producing a different polymer chain. This enables the production of a wide variety of polymers with considerable control over tacticity, as well as molecular weight, and is the reason why Ziegler-Natta catalyst is preferred over most other catalysts.
Request for Covid-19 Impact Analysis :
Restraints of Polymer Catalyst Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of polymer catalysts is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of polymer catalysts. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the polymer catalyst market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Lack of awareness and low adoption of polymer catalysts in many developed and underdeveloped countries are projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 impact on Polymer Catalyst Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the global demand for polymer catalysts in many applications. Many governments across the globe imposed stringent lockdowns to curb the spread of the pandemic. This has led to a deceleration or halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. This is adversely affecting the demand for polymer catalysts across the globe.
- Key players operating in the global polymer catalyst market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Polymer Catalyst Market
- In terms of region, the global polymer catalyst market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East Asia& Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global polymer catalyst market in terms of consumption during the forecast period. Growth of the polymer catalyst market in Asia Pacific is supported by the dominance of automobile, petrochemicals, polymer, and chemical industries in China. The country has significant presence of chemical and polymer production companies. Thus, it emerged as a manufacturing destination for chemical and petrochemical products owing to the growth in domestic demand.
- The market in North America is also anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the evolving low sulfur and automotive mandates that necessitate the application of polymer catalysts in the region
Prominent Players in Global Polymer Catalyst Market
Major players operating in the global polymer catalyst market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Univation Inc.
- Lyondell Basel
- BASF SE
- Nova Chemicals Corporation
- Johnson Matthey Inc.
- Kbr Inc.
- Clariant International Ltd.
- UOP LLC
- Akzo Nobel NV
- W. R. Grace
Company Name: Transparency Market Research
Contact Person: Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Email: Send Email
Address:90 State Street, Suite 700
State: New York
Country: United States