The global soil moisture sensor market size is estimated to reach USD 433.3 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2019 to 2025, according to the new report conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The soil moisture sensor measures the volumetric water content in the soil. Increasing adoption of the device across sports and agricultural sectors for ensuring requisite water content level in fields/turfs is driving the market growth worldwide. The device plays a crucial role in the afore-mentioned sectors as water infiltration depends on the soil moisture. This, in turn, is driving demand for water content meter for consistent monitoring. Thus, rising concern about land condition is anticipated to drive the growth of the market.
Furthermore, increasing demand for soil-water measuring device owing to water scarcity and resulting challenges with respect to water conservation is triggering the market growth. Moreover, the advancements in technology, leading to the introduction of wireless sensors that help end-users provide accurate, real-time measurements from a remote location, are anticipated to drive market in the coming years.
North America dominated the market in 2018. The region is house to a large number of product manufacturers. Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit a CAGR of over 15.0% between 2019 and 2025. Changes in climatic conditions have had an adverse impact on agricultural conditions in the region. The resulting need to monitor water content in agricultural land on regular intervals is driving the adoption of moisture monitoring devices, especially among farmers in the region.
The industry participants in the region are making significant investments. South America is expected to register considerable growth in the coming years owing to increasing use of the moisture monitoring devices to prevent soil degradation and achieve optimum consumption of water resources. The main cause of degradation in the region includes water erosion, deforestation, and intense application of agrochemicals.
The prominent players operating in the market include The Toro Company (U.S.); Campbell Scientific Inc. (U.S.); IMKO Micromodultechnik GmbH (Germany); Delta-T Devices Ltd (U.K.); Irrometer Company, Inc. (U.S.); and E.S.I. Environmental Sensors Inc. (Canada).
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/soil-moisture-sensors-market
Soil Moisture Sensor Market Report Highlights
• Increasing adoption of farm mechanization practices is propelling the demand for soil-water measuring devices in the agricultural sector
• Adoption of volumetric soil moisture sensor was highest in 2018 due to demand from multiple segments including sports, agriculture, and weather forecasting
• North America accounted for the largest market share in 2018. This can be majorly credited to the assistance provided by the U.S. Government to farmers for the adoption of state-of-the-art agriculture technology. In addition, in November 2016, the Canadian government invested USD 425,000 in Clean Seed Agricultural Technologies Ltd. to enhance and commercialize precision agriculture technology
• Europe is expected to register strong growth during the forecast period owing to the increasing adoption of GIS-based sensors, especially in the agriculture sector
• Some of the key market players are Sentek (Australia); METER Group, Inc. USA (U.S.); Acclima Inc. (U.S.); Plaid Systems; and Stevens Water Monitoring Systems Inc. (U.S.).
For Requesting a Sample Copy of This Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/soil-moisture-sensors-market/request/rs1
Soil Moisture Sensor Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global soil moisture sensor market based on sensor type, connectivity, application, and region:
Soil Moisture Sensors Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Volumetric Soil Moisture Sensors
• Time Domain Transmissometry (TDT)
• Soil Water Potential Sensors
• Gypsum Blocks
• Granular Matrix
Soil Moisture Sensor Connectivity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Soil Moisture Sensor Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Construction and Mining
• Landscaping and Ground Care
• Research Studies
• Weather Forecasting
Soil Moisture Sensor Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
Inquire more or share questions if any before the purchase on this report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/4452/ibb
Browse More Related Report:
Smart Agriculture Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Agriculture Type (Precision Farming, Livestock Monitoring), By Offering, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company that offers market research reports, syndicated and customized reports. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It offers client engagement for business consulting and market intelligence from various domains. The clientele is based across various countries with queries coming from more than 50 industries worldwide.
Grand View Research helps its clients to make informed decisions by helping them understand current trends and scenarios. Every year Grand View Research accomplishes more than 300 multi-country market studies to optimize consulting for clients.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco