Building Insulation Materials Market Overview
The global building insulation materials market is estimated to be USD 26,170 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 32,790 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of over 3.9% during the forecast period. The factors driving the growth of the building thermal insulation market are the growing demand for energy efficiency and rising infrastructure and industrialization in Asia-Pacific. The residential industry is expected to dominate the building insulation materials market over the forecast period. Promoting energy efficiency (EE) requirements for new residential buildings has been proven an effective mandatory policy instrument to slow down the increase of energy consumption in the residential building sector.
Download a free sample here – Building Insulation Materials Market
Building Insulation Materials Market – Geographical Overview
Germany to dominate the European building insulation materials market
Germany has the largest construction industry in Europe. The construction industry in the country is growing at a slow pace, majorly driven by the increasing number of new residential construction activities. The non-residential and commercial buildings in the country are expected to witness significant growth prospects during the forecast period. Cities, such as Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Cologne, and Hamburg, have driven the construction market of high-rise residential buildings.
According to the Statistisches Bundesamt (Destatis), the construction of new dwellings in Germany increased to 327.26 thousand in 2020, compared to 317.82 thousand in 2019. Furthermore, according to Federal Statistical Office (Destatis), in May 2021, the construction of a total of 32,384 dwellings was permitted in Germany, which was an increase of 8.7 % compared with April 2021.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Acoustic Insulation Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Green Building Materials Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Building Insulation Materials Market
- The global building insulation materials market is fragmented in nature, with no player occupying a significant position in the market. The top four-five players in the market enjoy a considerable share in the global market.
- Asia-Pacific has the largest low-cost housing construction segment, led by China, India, and various Southeast Asian countries. However, with most of the Asia-Pacific countries being severely affected by COVID-19, the growth is expected to notably slower down in the short run. For instance, in China the residential investment grew by about 13.9% during the first eleven months of 2019, reaching CNY 9,707.1 billion. The residential construction reached 6,276.73 million square meters during the period, indicating a 10.1% growth.
Recent Developments in the Building Insulation Materials Market
- In July 2021, Owens Corning announced the Acquisition of vliepa GmbH. This combination has expanded the company’s global nonwovens portfolio to accelerate growth and strengthen offerings to European building and construction markets.
- In September 2020, Saint-Gobain announced the acquisition of Strikolith, a Netherlands company, specialized in the production of external insulation systems, interior finishing, and renovation products and solutions. The company offers a wide range of expanded polystyrene boards and sheets for façade insulation.
- In September 2020, Johns Manville (JM), a global building and specialty products manufacturer and a Berkshire Hathaway Company had broken ground to build a polyiso production plant in Hillsboro, Texas. The expansion is anticipated to be completed in mid-2022.
Related Reports and Links
- Industrial Insulation Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Insulation Coating Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Building Insulation Materials Market
- Atlas Roofing Corporation
- BASF SE
- Beijing New Building Material (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Huntsman International LLC
- Johns Manville
- Kingspan Group
- Knauf Gips KG
- Owens Corning (including Paroc Group)
- ROCKWOOL International A/S
- Synthos S.A
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global building insulation materials Market on the basis of type, end-user industry, and geography:
- Type (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2016-2026)
- Mineral Wool
- Polyurethane/ Polyisocyanurate (PUR/PIR) Foam
- Other Insulation Materials
- End-user Industry (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2016-2026)
- Other Non-residential Industries (Civic, Religious Buildings, etc.)
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2016-2026)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle-East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle-East and Africa
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008