M-Tray® is a premium quality instant green roof designed with all the elements of a traditional roll-out roof contained within 500mm by 500mm by 100mm modular trays which simply click together. Not only is it clean and easy to install, the trays can be removed if roof deck access is required. M-Tray’s® modularity allows installation on hard to access roofs and its deep substrate with slow-release nutrients nourishes the sedum and wildflower plants, which are grown on Wallbarn’s nursery in Hampshire.
Containing 13 different varieties of sedum, offering a variety of different colours and textures, the M-Tray® is far more than just a ‘green carpet’. The painstakingly designed M-Tray® modules overcome all of the common challenges faced by green roof installations including accessibility, future-proofing, transportation and longevity to provide a seamless, stunning finish.
Perfect For Construction On-Site
Perfect for construction on-site. Fully grown to maturity at a nursery allowing the creation of an instant green roof. Because of the lightweight nature of the M-Tray®, designed using foam/glass aggregate, they are almost certain to be suitable to roof areas which would ordinarily not have the weight bearing capacity to support green roofs. This is particularly beneficial for retro-fit projects.
The Wallbarn M-Tray®
The Wallbarn M-Tray® has been developed to provide a diverse range of sedum species that provide a flourishing wildlife habitat. The peat-free tray can survive hostile conditions found on the roof, without the need for excessive management or maintenance. Wallbarn is constantly trialling new species to include in their mixes but are constrained by fire regulations which restrict the use of many annual wildflowers.
A well-constructed green roof maintained in peak condition will:
- Retain water and slow down runoff from the roof reducing flooding risk in accordance with Sustainable Urban Drainage schemes (SuDS)
- Attract wildlife, bees, birds and butterflies into the urban environment
- Reduce air pollution by locking up airborne particles
- Change the micro-climate by providing insulation and humidity around buildings reducing running costs and cooling environment around the buildings
- Promote positive mental health and wellbeing by reducing noise pollution and by absorbing CO2 and releasing oxygen into the air
- Improve visual impact by softening and masking the appearance of many buildings in the environment
- Increase chances of planning approval for new developments
The Wallbarn M-Tray® is a deep square tray designed to retain water and provide enough growing compost to sustain sedum throughout the years.
The M-Trays® produced by Wallbarn to give the best chance of a thriving green roof by including all the ingredients needed within the recycled modular tray. As long as regular maintenance and watering is provided then you will have every confidence that your investment in a green roof will deliver the wildlife and environmental benefits.
Specific benefits of the Wallbarn M-Tray® include:
- Easily transported and installed established vegetation, ensuring an instant green roof in click-together trays
- Peat-free substrate eliminating damaging effects of peat extraction
- Deep 100mm trays containing nutrient rich and peat-free substrate ensuring healthy roots and strong plants
- Suitable for small domestic, retrofit and large scale commercial projects
- Easy replacement to repair roofs and for building inspections
Wallbarn do not grow and provide roll-out sedum because it:
- Is more expensive to install
- Does not allow for easy inspection of the roof or building
- Is quicker and more cost effective to use the M-Tray® (when installation costs are included)
The GRO Green Roof Code
There are now very tight constraints as to what can legally be used on a green roof and many installations fail to meet the standards set out in the GRO Code and we are proud to be classified as both BROOF(t4) and also DDENV1187 compliant. The Green Roof Organisation (GRO) created the GRO Green Roof Code to provide relevant guidance for the design, specification, installation and maintenance of green roofs in the UK.
For more information, contact email@example.com today.