The global coronary stents marketsize is expected to reach USD 11.3 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgeries and percutaneous coronary intervention (PIC) procedures is expected to drive the market for coronary stents in the coming years. Moreover, increasing geriatric population is considered as a high impact rendering driver for the growth of this industry over the forecast period. Technological advancement in 2nd generation drug eluting stents (DES) is further fueling the growth. Development of biodegradable and polymer free DES in order to increase patient compliance is expected to drive the market over the coming years.
The coronary stent market is driven by reimbursement coverage provided by the general public Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and private payers. The coverage is availed under national coverage determination for carotid artery stenting, including products and service provider. From January 2020, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed reimbursement for some angioplasty and stenting procedures performed in ambulatory surgical center (ASC), which is expected to boost market revenue over the forecast period.
Coronary Stents Market Report Highlights
• In terms of revenue, the DES dominated the product segment as of 2019. New product launches and technological advancements in 2nd gen DES are acting as the driving factor for this segment
• Prices for the first-generation BVS (Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold) are much high as compared to existing BMS (Bare Metal Stent) and DES. Due to its safety concern and high hospitalization rates, doctors are not preferring BRS over DES. Moreover, high crossing profile and bulky struts are factors majorly impeding the BRS market
• Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate over the forecast period. Increase in disposable income and growing incidence of heart diseases will fuel market growth in the coming years
• Some of the key companies present in the coronary stent market are Medtronic, Abbott, Boston Scientific, Terumo Corporation, Biotronik, and Microport Corporation.
• With USD 2.3 billion R&D expenditure in 2018, Abbott is anticipated to provide with technologically advanced second generation DES and may be BVS in near future.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coronary-stents-industry/request/rs15
Coronary Stents Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global coronary stent market on the basis of product and region:
Coronary Stents Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Bare Metal Stents (BMS)
• Drug Eluting Stents (DES)
• Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS)
Coronary Stents Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
List of Key Players of Coronary Stents Market
• Terumo Corporation
• C. R. Bard, Inc.
• Cook Medical
• Boston Scientific
Fill the Pre-Order Enquiry Form for the Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/171/ibb
Browse Related Reports:
Bioresorbable Coronary Stents MarketSize, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Brand Outlook (Absorb BVS, Absorb 2nd Generation, Magmaris, Magnitude, MeRes-100, DESolve), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.
Non-vascular Stents MarketSize, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product [Gastrointestinal (Biliary, Duodenal, Colonic, Pancreatic, Esophageal Stents), Pulmonary, Urological Stents], And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States