Creativity is undeniably one of the most favored leadership skills in the fastest growing market of today. In fact, creativity is at the core of business innovation, which itself is the engine of development. Creativity results in significance, development, and thus it helps in prosperity. Brantley Dunaway says the well-known business leaders have had one thing in common, and that can be a never ending creative streak. It in fact takes creativity to go in front.
Being a producer is one of the most challenging jobs and also the most problematic to define. This perhaps explains why most newcomers want to become directors and writers as a substitute. Even at the most prominent film schools in the world, there is a lot more focus on courses based on writing, directing, acting and other artistic careers. But in present times, there has been an increased appreciation for the role of a producer, more accurately a Creative Producer. The creative producer is essentially a filmmaker who also wants to write and direct. “They wear several hats but truly have an interest in telling and finding great stories via the language of film.
As the companies enlarge, a lot of leaders have to wear numerous hats at once. The below-mentioned tips must help hold onto creativity as a leader of a busy, affluent place of work:
- The most effectual steps towards preserving creative leadership skills is sustained learning. Luckily, there are quite a few educational resources out there, ranging from complete courses to easy online articles. But, creative leaders should also look to people with experience in leadership and management in general. Such individuals can offer priceless knowledge that will assist a person become a better creative leader.
- By offering their insights into everyday problem solving and decision making, a team can become an extension to its creative leader easily.
- It is no wonder that increasingly executives are seeing creative leadership as the most excellent approach to team management.
- Providing employees some decision-making power and autonomy will make them imaginative, as well. Not only will this enhance your own creativity, but also offer more time to pay attention on other objectives, ideas, and projects.
- Exercising, meditating and being outdoors can help reflect on what place a person into position in the first place – the creative vision. Activities that calm down the mind offers much-required clarity outside busy working days, and assist with maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Hence, Brantley Dunaway says that creative thinking can and will turn you into a more competent, better, and more appreciated leader. And it comes with a couple of bonuses, too – such as accelerated decision-making and problem-solving.