Advanced Packaging Market Overview
The advanced packaging market is expected to reach a value of USD 38.16 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.84% over the forecast period. Advanced packaging technology has evolved to minimize the cost involved and enhance the overall throughput and performance of ICs. Further, With the augmented adoption of semiconductor ICs in automobiles, the demand for advanced packaging has increased considerably in recent years. The innovation in the packaging technology is also related to an increase in the functional density of large system-on-chip solutions. As a result, the focus on heterogeneous integrations and wafer-level packages have prompted the chip industry to develop a new set of solutions, collectively known as advanced packaging. Another significant trend affecting the advanced packaging market is the increase in the size of silicon from 100 mm to 300 mm. The shift to longer diameter wafers has reduced the cost of manufacturing by 20-25%, which is expected to drive this capital into advanced packaging solutions.
Download a free sample here – Advanced Packaging Market
Advanced Packaging Market – Geographical Overview
The Asia Pacific region is accounted for the largest advanced packaging market share of 64.01% in 2020
The Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the market due to a significant number of semiconductor manufacturing operations happening in the region. The pure-play manufacturers operating in the region are increasing their production capacity to cater to the growing demand from fabless vendors. China is also trying to consolidate its substrate manufacturing market. Manufacturers in the Asia-Pacific region focus on increasing their customer base in North America due to increasing demand from data centers and AI. Japan holds a significant position in the semiconductor industry as it is home to some of the major IC chipset manufacturers and electronics industry.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Anti-Counterfeit Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Antimicrobial Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Advanced Packaging Market
- The advanced packaging market is witnessing dominance by ten to fifteen significant players like Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. The market is significantly driven by end-user revenue because of the demand for the latest technology and high-speed gadgets.
- Fan-out wafer-level packaging (FOWLP) has emerged as a promising technology to meet the ever-increasing demands of consumer electronic products. The significant advantages of this type of packaging are specific features such as substrate-less package, lower thermal resistance, and higher performance due to shorter interconnects combined with direct IC connection by thin-film metallization instead of the standard wire bonds or flip-chip bumps and more moderate parasitic effects.
Recent Developments in the Advanced Packaging Market
- Feb 2021 – Siemens Digital Industries Software announced that its collaboration with Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE) generated two new enablement solutions engineered to help mutual customers create and evaluate multiple complex integrated circuit (IC) package assemblies and interconnect scenarios in a data-robust graphical environment prior to and during physical design implementation.
- Mar 2021 – Deca, an industry-leading pure-play technology provider for advanced semiconductor packaging, announced the introduction of its new APDK (Adaptive Patterning® Design Kit) methodology. The solution is the result of Deca’s collaboration with Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. (ASE) and Siemens Digital Industries Software.
Related Reports and Links
- Insulated Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Smart Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Advanced Packaging Market
- Amkor Technology, Inc.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- STATS ChipPAC Pte. Ltd
- Chipbond Technology Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- Universal Instruments Corporation
- SÜSS Microtec Se
- Brewer Science, Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global advanced packaging market on the basis of packaging platform and geography:
- Packaging Platform (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2019-2026)
- Flip Chip
- Embedded Die
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD billion), 2017-2026)
- North America
- Rest of the World
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008