Autonomous Train Market Overview
The autonomous train market is expected to reach USD 10,222.75 million by 2026 registering a CAGR of 5.61% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The rising concerns over emissions and the need for using public transportation and pooling is expected to help the trains market grow. Increasing electrification across the global transportation industry irrespective of the mode of transport has led to the development of automated transport methods and trains have been at the forefront of transport automation after road transport. In addition, the increasing need for efficiency and safety can drive the existing railway operators towards automation. Technology advancement is expected to accelerate rail mobility gradually in improving the adoption rate of autonomous trains in North America.
Download a free sample here – Autonomous Train Market
Autonomous Train Market – Geographical Overview
Asia-Pacific region is likely to witness significant growth during the forecast period
Asia-Pacific region has one of the largest rail networks across the world owing to the presence of major countries, such as India, China, and Japan. In addition, public transportation is also very popular in these countries, such as in India, where people often travel by metro for daily commuting. Due to this, the railway network plays a very significant role in the economic development of countries in Asia-Pacific. For instance, the installed base of metro-rail rolling stock in India is expected to increase to 5,458 railcars by 2023, owing to huge demand for commuter transportation in metropolitan cities. A total of 3,343 railcars are planned to be added to the metro-rail network, over a period of five years from 2018 to 2023. New rail projects for urban passenger transportation, as well as for the replacement and maintenance of the existing fleet, are expected to drive the market in these countries.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Hybrid Train Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Rail Components Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecast (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Autonomous Train Market
- The autonomous train market is a highly consolidated market owing to the presence of a few major players such as Hitachi Rail STS (Ansaldo), Alstom, Thales, Siemens AG, and many more.
- Currently, rail has been identified as one of the most energy-efficient transport modes, accounting for 8% of global motorized passenger movements and 7% of freight but consuming only 2% of transport energy. In March 2021 by SNCF and its partners, a prototype has been put for the test in the northern region of Hauts-de-France. The company has set a goal to provide fully automated prototypes running by 2023 and to fully expand the train operation by the year 2025.
Recent Developments in the Autonomous Train Market
- In September 2021, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engineering partnered with Dubai Metro and Dubai tram in a joint venture with Keolis. It successfully began operations of Dubai metro, a fully automated driverless rail system. The services are operated through Keolis-MHI Rail Management Operation LLC (Keolis-MHI).
- In August 2021, Hitachi Rail STS (Ansaldo) entered an agreement with the Thales Group to acquire the Ground Transportation System business of the Thales Group company. As a result of this agreement, Hitachi Rail is expected to drive growth by expanding the scale of its rail signaling systems business and further advance its rail automation systems business globally.
Related Reports and Links
- Train HVAC Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Locomotive Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Autonomous Train Market
- Siemens AG
- Alstom S.A
- Thales Group
- Hitachi Rail STS (Ansaldo STS)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF)
- CRRC Corporation Limited
- Wabtec Corporation
- Ingeteam Corporation SA
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global autonomous train market on the basis of automation grade, technology, application, and geography:
- Automation Grade (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2018-2026)
- GoA 1
- GoA 2
- GoA 3
- GoA 4
- Application (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2018-2026)
- Technology (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2018-2026)
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast based on Revenue (USD million), 2018-2026)
- North America
- Rest of the World
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008