The global G-protein coupled receptors market size is expected to reach USD 4.36 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising adoption of faster and accurate High-Throughput Screening (HTS) technology by pharmaceutical firms to develop potential G-protein coupled receptor-targeted therapeutics is expected to augment the market growth. HTS is used on the G-protein coupled receptor cell-based assays to assist several drug development programs.
Structural and functional features of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) allow it to mediate physiological responses to hormones, stimulants, and neurotransmitters, thus making them as potential therapeutic targets for various diseases. Recent advancements in the structural biology of GPCRs have provided insights into the molecular mechanisms of these receptors’ activation and activity. Several pharmaceutical companies are undertaking efforts to develop G-protein coupled receptors-targeted therapeutics for several disorders.
In December 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim collaborated with Domain Therapeutics to discover GPCR targets for the treatment of cancer, Central Nervous System (CNS), and immunological disorders. Moreover, in May 2019, Evotec OAI AG partnered with Euroscreen S.A. to improve its capabilities for GPCR targeting. Evotec OAI will access GPCR reagents and AequoScreenTM technology of Euroscreen for its drug discovery procedures. Such initiatives enhance the product adoption as well as drug screening expertise in the pharmaceutical industry.
North America is likely to be at the forefront of the market throughout the forecast period due to heavy investments in cancer research to address the rising demand for drug discovery and development procedures in U.S. Whereas, Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast years. The region witnesses a rising number of therapeutics development and contract research, thus boosting G-protein coupled receptors market growth.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/g-protein-coupled-receptors-gpcrs-market
G-Protein Coupled Receptors Market Report Highlights
• Easy availability of cell lines products and a large number of companies offering a variety of cell lines resulted in the largest revenue share of cell lines in 2018
• Increasing usage of fully equipped detection kits instead of cell lines, reagents, and ligands separately, marks the potential growth of detection kits in the near future
• cAMP assays serve as a versatile platform in HTS for explaining the GPCR functions, which results in maximum revenue generation from these type of assays
• Cancer research application accounted for the largest revenue share in 2018 owing to increased number of cancer cases and investments in oncology R&D
• Ongoing research studies to evaluate the pharmacology of GPCRs in chronic inflammatory disorders reveals immense opportunities for research in inflammatory applications
• Acquisition, partnerships, and collaborations are the major strategies adopted by these companies to offer new GPCR-targeted medicines, thereby strengthening their presence in the global GPCRs market.
• Key companies in the G-protein coupled receptor market include Perkin Elmer, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Eurofins Scientific; QIAGEN; Promega Corporation; and Merck KGaA.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/g-protein-coupled-receptors-gpcrs-market/request/rs15
G-Protein Coupled Receptors Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global G-protein coupled receptors market on the basis product, assay type, application, and region:
GPCRs Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Cell Lines
• Detection Kits
• Cell Culture Reagents
GPCRs Assay Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• cAMP Functional Assays
• Calcium Functional Assays
• β-Arrestin Functional Assays
• Radioligand Binding and GTPγS Functional Assays
• Internalization Assays
• Trafficking Assays
• Other Assays
GPCRs Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Cancer Research
• CNS Research
• Metabolic Research
• Cardiovascular Research
• Respiratory Research
• Inflammation Research
• Other Application
GPCRs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
List of Key Players of G-Protein Coupled Receptors Market
• Perkin Elmer, Inc.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
• Eurofins Scientific
• Promega Corporation
• Merck KGaA
Fill the Pre-Order Enquiry Form for the Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2426/ibb
Browse Related Reports:
GLP-1 Receptor Agonist MarketSize, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Victoza, Ozempic, Saxenda, Trulicity, Bydureon), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States