DelveInsight added a report on “Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Market“. It covers an overview, its causes, signs and symptoms, and therapies. Major players are involved in developing therapies for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis market.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Overview
Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) is a common liver disease associated with obesity and diabetes. NASH is a progressive disorder that can lead to cirrhosis and liver failure, and there is no definitive treatment. Insulin resistance and oxidative stress (resulting in lipid peroxidation) are considered to be the two most important mechanisms in the pathogenesis of NASH.
Get a sample report @ Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Market Report
Key features of the Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Market Report
- NAFLD is the most common chronic liver condition in the United States. It’s estimated that about 25 percent of adults in the US have NAFLD. Of those with NAFLD, about 20 percent have NASH (5% of adults in the US).
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) prevalence was higher in men than women (32% vs. 13%).
- Higher liver stiffness (TE) was independently associated with males. Menopause was an independent risk factor for prevalent NAFLD among women.
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis companies such as Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Allergan (Tobira Therapeutics), Immuron, Cirius Therapeutics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Can-Fite BioPharma, and others.
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis drugs such as Namodenoson (CF102), LJN452 (Tropifexor), LJN452 (Tropifexor), MSDC-0602K, IMM-124E, Cenicriviroc (CVC), Selonsertib (SEL, Formerly GS-4997), Resmetirom (MGL-3196), and others.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Symptoms
- Bleeding easily
- Bruising easily
- Itchy skin
- Yellow discoloration in the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Fluid accumulation in your abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in your legs
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Diagnosis
The Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis diagnosis is often made incidentally when routine lab tests show abnormal liver biochemical tests or imagining tests show hepatic steatosis or hepatomegaly. Imaging modalities include ultrasonography, computed tomography (CT), or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Ultrasonography, however, is most widely used as it is the least expensive and most available modality.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Causes
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Poor diet
- Metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
The NASH treatment depends on the stage of the disease. Currently, there is no approved therapy for the treatment of NASH, yet doctors prescribe certain off-label drugs (supportive therapies) for its management. Lifestyle modifications are, however, the first line of treatment. Lifestyle modifications include going for weight loss combined with an active exercise program along with a planned diet. Medications are then prescribed in the later stages when lifestyle modifications do not produce significant results. Currently, however, no pharmacological substances are approved for the indication NASH.
Request sample report @ https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash-market
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Segmentation by Fibrosis Stage
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Treatment Market
The Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis treatment market is likely to experience significant annual growth over the 2019–2032 study period, as major-market sales are expected to increase by 2032. Pharmaceutical companies in the treatment landscape are expected to grab maximum market share, owing to robust development to target all stages of NASH (F1– F4), and with the increasing demand for therapies to treat the advanced stage of NASH, i.e., cirrhosis.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Market Size
The Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis market size of the currently available off-label therapies for the treatment of NASH is expected to experience steady growth until the launch of targeted emerging therapies, while it will decrease thereafter, owing to the good safety and efficacy observed for the drug in the treatment of NASH. Furthermore, the increase in the number of obese and diabetic patients will drive the market growth for NASH. Overall, the increasing prevalence, awareness of the disease, and promising emerging pipeline therapies will propel the market size forward during the forecast period of 2021–2032.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Market Insights
Due to the unmet need for an approved therapy for the treatment of NASH, several companies have shifted their focus toward the development of targeted drugs with a novel mechanism of action. Key players in the market of NASH are Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Allergan (Tobira Therapeutics), Galmed Pharmaceuticals, Cirius Therapeutics, Galectin Therapeutics, Immuron, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Can-Fite BioPharma, Akcea Therapeutics, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Ascletis, Terns Pharmaceuticals, Enyo Pharma, and others. We expect that the launch of emerging therapies will fill the void in treatment areas shortly. The targeted therapies will have stronger penetration than the off-label therapies, and the market is expected to reach billions.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Emerging Therapies
- Gilead Sciences (Selonsertib)
- Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (Resmetirom) (MGL-3196)
- Allergan (Tobira Therapeutics) Cenicriviroc (CVC)
- IMM-124E (Immuron)
Click here to get more information about Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis Emerging Drugs
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Market Overview at a Glance
- Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Treatment
- Marketed Products
- Emerging Therapies
- Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States