Industrial valves are devices that control the flow and pressure of liquids, gases, and slurries within a system. They are used in a wide range of applications. Industrial valves differ considerably in size, design, function, and operation. Following are the basic types of valves used across major industries:
- Gate valves: Used to start and stop the flow of liquid and gases
- Globe valves: Used to start, stop and regulate the flow
- Ball valves: Used to start, stop or throttle flow
- Plug valves: Used to stop and start fluid flow
- Diaphragm valves: Used to start, regulate, and stop fluid flow
- Reducing valves: Automatic valves that reduce supply pressure to a preselected pressure
- Pinch valves: Used to cut off the flow through the system by a pinching mechanism
- Butterfly valves: Used in on-off and throttling systems
- Needle valves: Used mostly where fine adjustments in the amount of fluid flow are required
- Check valves: Used in systems employing gate valves to prevent the reversal of flow in the piping system
- Relief and safety valves: It is a relief valve that only opens to prevents over-pressurization
Globe valves are the most common valves used to control the flow in a pipeline due to their better full-closing characteristics, shorter opening and closing time, positive shut-off.
The global industrial valves market is valued at USD 50 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% from 2020 to 2025 due to high demand from the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry post-Covid-19. Industrial valves are used in manufacturing different types of medical devices. Moreover, the rising concern for better sanitation and increasing fresh investments in water supply and sanitation projects after the pandemic creates significant opportunities for the valves manufacturers in the water & wastewater treatment industry.
The valve body or enclosure, of the industrial valve, is often the largest component and hence the raw materials used in building the body are the major cost driver. Several raw materials can be used to build the body of an industrial valve based on its application. However, ductile iron, carbon steel are the most preferred raw materials in industrial valve manufacturing. Raw material cost accounts for more than 50% of the total manufacturing cost of industrial valves.
Grab your copy, or request for a free sample of the “Industrial Valves Industry Procurement Intelligence Report, published by Grand View Research” for In-depth details regarding supplier ranking and selection, sourcing, and pricing criteria & strategies.
Add-on Services provided by Grand View Research Pipeline:
Should Cost Analysis
Component wise cost break down for better negotiation for the client, highlights the key cost drivers in the market with future price fluctuation for different materials (e.g.: steel, aluminum, etc.) used in the production process
Offering cost transparency for different products / services procured by the client. A typical report involves 2-3 case scenarios helping clients to select the best suited engagement with the supplier
Determining and forecasting salaries for specific skill set labor to make decision on outsourcing vs in-house.
A typical newsletter study by capturing latest information for specific suppliers related to: M&As, technological innovations, expansion, litigations, bankruptcy etc.
Brief about Pipeline by Grand View Research:
A smart and effective supply chain is essential for growth in any organization. Pipeline division at Grand View Research provides detailed insights on every aspect of supply chain which helps in efficient procurement decisions.
Our services include (not limited to):
- Market Intelligence involving – market size and forecast, growth factors, and driving trends
- Price and Cost Intelligence – pricing models adopted for the category, total cost of ownerships
- Supplier Intelligence – rich insight on supplier landsca
- pe, and identifies suppliers who are dominating, emerging, lounging, and specializing
- Sourcing / Procurement Intelligence – best practices followed in the industry, identifying standard KPIs and SLAs, peer analysis, negotiation strategies to be utilized with the suppliers, and best suited countries for sourcing to minimize supply chain disruptions
Browse through Grand View Research’s collection of procurement intelligence studies:
- Facilities Management Services Market Procurement Intelligence – The global facilities management services market is valued at USD 740.1 billion as of 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% till 2025. APAC, EMEA, and the North American facilities management market are more or less of the same size, each occupying approximately 30% of the overall market space.
- Low Density Polyethylene Market Procurement Intelligence – The global LDPE market was valued at USD 35.6 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 43.1 billion by 2025. The global production of LDPE as of 2020 stood at 25.3 million MT with Asia being the largest producers as well as the largest consumers of LDPE.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States