Acting is a profession that is famously hard to get into. In fact, statistics have shown that only 2% of working actors make a sustainable living out of it while the remaining 98% have to supplement their chosen profession with other jobs. The major differences noted between the percentages is the unwillingness of aspiring actors to put in work and focusing on the short-term instead of the long game. The majority of actors also have a limited knowledge base of where to find potential opportunities to enhance their careers and a general lack of planning and strategy. But identifying the problem does not give one any idea about where to start fixing it. This is where Get Scene Studios comes in.
According to owner Jesse Malinowski, Get Scene is all about helping actors to gain entry into the tough acting industry and securing a role on film/TV.
The studios mission is to help any actor, anywhere, in any situation. They do this by helping actors in the areas of auditioning, self-taping, connecting with industry pros, and the business of acting. This is done with the goal of getting its students closer to actually booking roles while also giving them a competitive edge above others in the industry. “Jesse has a great way of getting you fired up for your passion and career, and a stellar way of motivating you! He and his team genuinely want what’s best for their students and it shows.” southeast actor Emmaleigh Bailey says.
Students at Get Scene Studios are given the opportunity to learn exactly what it takes to succeed in this business from seasoned agents, acting coaches, and casting directors. With the southeast acting market becoming busier and busier year after year, where huge studios like Netflix, Universal, Marvel, and more are filming constantly, these opportunities are incredible for actors.
Get Scene operates both in-studio and online acting classes. The classes are held in such a way that encourages actors to work at an extremely high quality and professional level so they can find success in the industry. So actors are expected to follow instructions and read their emails thoroughly while focusing on all technical aspects.
President and head of film/TV of Atlanta Models and Talent, Jason Lockhart says “I appreciate Get Scene’s approach to real world situations, and how challenging yet crucial some of those lessons can be.”
Get Scene Studios prides itself in rising all actors to excellence by keeping strict guidelines to improve the technical side and the artistic side of their auditioning. This not only helps the actors, but then in part helps the agents they are working with, all the way up to the casting directors and the productions coming into town.
At the end, students should be able to know more about the business and grow their craft substantially.
Local actor Jason Hamlet, who has taken classes at Get Scene, shares his experience, “As an actor new to the industry, I have been empowered and encouraged by Jesse’s wealth of knowledge and undying charisma. It’s invaluable to hear him confirm and deny suspicions I have, and help us confront truths about ourselves. Jesse and everyone at Get Scene are people I trust wholeheartedly. I’ve found clarity, new confidence, and taken steps to further my career!”