Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the DataM market research report, the global liver cancer therapeutics market size was valued at USD billion in 2021, it is projected to reach USD billion by 2029, with growth at a CAGR of % over the forecast period 2022-2029.
Liver cancer is a type of malignant hepatic tumor in or on the liver, which may cause due to excessive alcohol intake, diabetes, certain inherited liver diseases, and hepatitis. Symptoms of this cancer appear only when it is in the advanced stage. The most common type of liver cancer is hepatocellular carcinoma, which begins in the main type of liver cell.
The global liver cancer therapeutics market is anticipated to rise at a solid pace in the next couple of years with the availability of novel drugs, the presence of a strong pipeline, and raising public awareness are among the key trends escalating market growth. Besides this, the growing incidence of liver cancer due to the increasing geriatric population and unorganized lifestyle is estimated to provide a fillip to the market.
The increasing incidence of liver cancer is expected to expedite the market’s growth during the forecast period. Alcohol & tobacco consumption, smoking, and environmental factors in developed nations are some of the reasons for the prevalence of cancer. The increasing urbanization is expected to bolster the market’s healthy growth in the forecast period. As per the GLOBOCAN data, globally, in 2020, there were around 905,677 (4.7%) new liver cancer cases and 830,180 (8.3%) deaths due to liver cancer. In addition, the high demand for therapeutic drugs for liver cancer will create vast opportunities for the market players to produce more drugs, and thereby, the market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period.
Stringent regulatory approvals to ensure the safety of drugs and the cost of these drugs may hamper the growth of the liver cancer therapeutics market during the forecast period. For instance, in March 2017, ArQule, Inc’s product- tivantinib, did not clear the phase 3 clinical trial for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Japan as it did not meet its primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS).
Cancer research and development to provide advanced patient care is accelerating year by year. Innovative experiments leading to combination therapy with new or existing drug molecules have shown to rise in the pipeline candidates for liver cancer treatment. Also, strong backing from government and international healthcare organizations for R&D funding is likely to contribute to the liver cancer therapeutics market opportunities. This coupled with the growing preference for biosimilars entering the market, is projected to augment the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Globally, the COVID-19 pandemic has diverted resources from healthcare services for patients with diseases such as cancer. COVID-19 also causes organ dysfunction, complicating cancer treatment. With an outbreak of COVID-19 in most countries worldwide, cancer management modifications have been adopted to accommodate the crisis and minimize the exposure of cancer patients to the infection. According to a research article by Chan S.L. et al., published in Liver Cancer Journal 2020, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), COVID-19 exacerbates existing chronic liver disease and complicates the management of cancer. Cancer patients have a higher risk of infection and worse outcomes, especially those who recently underwent cancer treatment. Furthermore, the study found that the COVID-19 pandemic became a major public health challenge to the integrity of healthcare systems in many countries worldwide, and its negative impact on medical care for cancer patients is a concern. During the COVID-19 pandemic, adjustment of clinical management is necessary to minimize the patient’s risk of the infection and divert resources to handle the outbreak.
Download Sample Brochure @ https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/liver-cancer-therapeutics-market
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- In January 2022, a conditional liver cancer treatment approval for Merck’s Keytruda depended on a second confirmatory study. Keytruda slashed the risk of death by 21% over placebo in hepatocellular carcinoma patients in Asia.
- In March 2021, Boston Scientific Corporation received United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the TheraSphere Y-90 Glass Microspheres, developed for treating patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
As per the research analysis, the global liver cancer therapeutics market is segmented by type hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangio carcinoma, hepatoblastoma, other. By therapy into targeted therapy, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, chemotherapy. By equipment the market is further segmented into computed radiography, MRI, sonography, others. By end user into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers.
- On the basis of type, the hepatocellular carcinoma segment is estimated to grow at highest CAGR of % during the forecast period (2022-2029). Hepatocellular carcinoma is the typical type of liver cancer. It happens most often in people with chronic liver diseases, such as cirrhosis begun by hepatitis B or hepatitis C disease. The risk of hepatocellular carcinoma, the most basic type of liver cancer, is higher in people with long-term liver infections. It’s also more eminent if the liver is scarred by disease with hepatitis B or hepatitis C. Hepatocellular carcinoma is more common in people who drink large amounts of alcohol and who have an increase of fat in the liver. According to a research study by Giuliana Amadeo et al., printed in JHEP Reports Journal 2021, the study was carried in 6 referral centres in the metropolitan area of Paris, France, to assess the result COVID-19 pandemic on the supervision of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The study outcomes found that in a metropolitan area of Paris, hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients were highly influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many key players are developing new drugs for the cure of this disease. For instance, in August 2018, Eisai Inc. received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for lenvatinib (Lenvima) for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Hence, the rising incidence of cancer and high unmet medical needs are the major factors that drive the segment growth over the forecast period.
- Based on therapy, targeted therapy segment accounted for the largest market share of around % in 2020 and expected to grow at a CAGR of % during the forecast period (2022-2029). Targeted therapy is a treatment used for cancer, in which the drugs work by targeting the specific genes or proteins that are present in the cancer cells. There are several types of targeted therapies for cancers, such as hormone therapies, gene expression modulators, apoptosis inducers, angiogenesis inhibitors, signal transduction inhibitors, and many other therapies. In the COVID-19 era, nearly 88% of the cancer care centers faced challenges in delivering usual cancer care for many reasons, including precautionary measures, lack of personal protective equipment, and staff shortage as per the research article published in the JCO Global Oncology 2020. Additionally, this impact was more pronounced in low-income countries. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to hinder the number of cancer therapies offered to cancer patients, which is expected to impact the studied segment. Targeted therapy drugs for liver cancer include kinase inhibitors like Sorafenib (Nexavar) and lenvatinib (Lenvima), Regorafenib (Stivarga) and cabozantinib (Cabometyx) and Monoclonal antibodies like Bevacizumab (Avastin) and Ramucirumab (Cyramza). On August 16, 2018, the FDA approved Eisai and Merck’s tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), Lenvima (lenvatinib), as a monotherapy for the first-line treatment of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
The global liver cancer therapeutics market is segmented into major regions including North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
North America Liver Cancer Therapeutics Market:
The rising incidence of liver cancer in the region, the presence of key market players, and the launch of novel products, all of which will influence market growth in the region, are expected to drive the market growth in North America. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology, approximately 42,220 adults in the United States were diagnosed with liver cancer in 2018. (of which there are 30,610 men and 11,610 women). In the United States, in 2020, there were approximately 42,810 new cases of liver cancer. As the number of cases of liver cancer in the United States rises, so will the demand for liver cancer therapeutics in the treatment of the disease.
Increased research and development activities in the development of novel therapeutics for the liver are expected to drive market growth in the United States. For instance, on May 29th, 2020, the FDA approved atezolizumab (Tecentriq) and bevacizumab (Avastin) as first-line treatments for people with liver cancer that has spread or cannot be treated with surgery.
Make an Inquire before purchasing the full report @ https://www.datamintelligence.com/enquiry/liver-cancer-therapeutics-market
These key market players are adopting various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, product approvals, and agreements to increase product reach and strengthen their product portfolios, in order to enter or expand their business offerings and competitiveness in the liver cancer therapeutics market. For instance, On January 14, 2019, Exelixis, Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved CABOMETYX (cabozantinib) tablets for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have been previously treated with sorafenib. HCC is the most common form of liver cancer and the fastest-rising cause of cancer-related death in the U.S.
Some of the key players which are contributing to the growth of the market include Amgen, Pfizer Inc., Bristol‑Myers Squibb Company, Eisai Co., Ltd., Exelixis Inc, Merck & Co. Inc., Bayer AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Celgene Corporation among others.
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query with regards to the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of Market Value (US$) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2020-2021), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2022-2029).
- Visualize the composition of the global liver cancer therapeutics market segmentation by type, therapy, equipment, end user, and region highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Type: Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Cholangio Carcinoma, Hepatoblastoma, Other
- By Treatment: Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Radiation Therapy
- By Equipment: Computed Radiography, MRI, Sonography, Others
- By End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- By Region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global liver cancer therapeutics market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as, porter’s five forces analysis, supply chain analysis, pricing analysis, regulatory analysis, reimbursement analysis and unmet needs etc.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global liver cancer therapeutics market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 50+ market data tables, 40+ figures, and close to 180 pages.
Company Name: DataM Intelligence
Contact Person: Sai
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 877 441 4866
Country: United States