DelveInsight’s “Infantile Spasm Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2032” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the Infantile Spasm Market size, share, and trends in the seven major market (7MM) (i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan).
The Infantile Spasm market report covers emerging drugs, current treatment practices, market share of the individual therapies, and current & forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032. It also evaluates the current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers & barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assess the underlying potential of the market.
Infantile Spasm: An Overview
Infantile spasms (IS), also called West Syndrome, is a rare type of epilepsy in children. This syndrome is considered an epileptic encephalopathy or severe brain disorder. Infantile spasms can be classified as either symptomatic or cryptogenic. West syndrome is an age-related specific epileptic encephalopathy due to multiple and diverse causes. It is characterized by a unique type of seizure called epileptic (infantile) spasms and gross EEG abnormalities of hypsarrhythmia.
The most common disorder responsible for West syndrome is tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). TSC is an autosomal dominant genetic condition associated with seizures, eye, heart, and kidney tumors, and skin findings while X-linked West syndrome can be caused by a mutation in the CDKL5 gene or the ARX gene in the X chromosome. X-linked genetic disorders are conditions caused by a nonworking gene on the X chromosome and manifest mostly in males. While females remain carriers of the condition.
To know more about Infantile Spasm Market, Click Here: Infantile Spasm Market Overview
Infantile Spasm Market Key Facts
- The total diagnosed prevalent population of West Syndrome in the 7 major markets was 8,000+ in 2017.
- Infantile Spasm is more prevalent among males than in females. It was found that in the United States the number of cases of West Syndrome in males and females was 2,390+ and 1,600+ respectively in 2017.
- The diagnosed prevalent cases of West Syndrome patients in the United States were 3,990+ in 2017.
- In the EU5 countries, the diagnosed prevalence of West Syndrome was maximum in France with 730+ cases, followed by the United Kingdom with 680+ cases in 2017. While, the least number of cases were found in Spain, with 440+ cases in 2017.
- In Japan, the diagnosed prevalence of West Syndrome was 1,090+ in 2017.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) estimates that West syndrome affects 0.31/1000 live births in the United States, accounting for approximately 30% of all cases of epilepsy affecting infants.
The Infantile Spasm market size is expected to increase during the forecast period owing to the rise in the number of prevalent cases in the 7MM.
The market outlook section of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted Infantile Spasm market size by analyzing the impact of current and emerging therapies in the market. It also provides a thorough assessment of the market drivers & barriers, unmet needs, and emerging technologies.
The report gives complete detail of the Infantile Spasm market trend for each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapies by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, mechanism of action (MoA), competition with other therapies, brand value, and their impact on the market.
Infantile Spasm Epidemiology
The epidemiology section provides insights into the historical, current, and forecasted epidemiology trends in the seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. The epidemiology section also provides a detailed analysis of diagnosed patient pool and future trends.
Infantile Spasm Epidemiology Segmentation
- Total Prevalent Population of Infantile spasms
- Total Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Infantile spasms
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Population of Infantile spasms
Infantile Spasm Drugs Uptake and Pipeline Development Activities
The drugs uptake section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Infantile Spasm market or expected to get launched during the study period. The analysis covers Infantile Spasm market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sales of each drug.
Moreover, the therapeutics assessment section helps understand the drugs with the most rapid uptake and the reasons behind the maximal use of the drugs. Additionally, it compares the drugs based on market share.
The report also covers the Infantile Spasm Pipeline Development Activities. It provides valuable insights about different therapeutic candidates in various stages and the key companies involved in developing targeted therapeutics. It also analyses recent developments such as collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, licensing patent details, and other information for emerging therapies.
Request for Sample PDF Report – https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/infantile-spasm-market
Infantile Spasm Therapeutics Analysis
The Infantile spasms market dynamics is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the research and development activities so that market will comprise efficient treatment options. The launch of emerging therapies is expected during the forecast period.
Some of the key companies in the Infantile Spasm Market include:
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- BioPharm Solutions
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
And many others.
Infantile Spasm Therapies covered in the report include:
- Epidiolex (GWP42003-P)
And many more.
The current therapeutic landscape of Infantile spasms in the United States is driven by current treatment practices and the expected launch of emerging therapies. DelveInsight’s analysts estimate that the market is expected to show positive growth, mainly attributed to the increased diagnosed prevalence and also, the launch of upcoming therapies during the forecast period.
Get More Detailed Insights Into the Emerging Therapies & Key Companies – Infantile Spasm Therapies and Companies
Table of Content (TOC)
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary
3. Infantile Spasm Competitive Intelligence Analysis
4. Infantile Spasm Market Overview at a Glance
5. Infantile Spasm Disease Background and Overview
6. Infantile Spasm Patient Journey
7. Infantile Spasm Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Infantile Spasm Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
9. Infantile Spasm Unmet Needs
10. Key Endpoints of Infantile Spasm Treatment
11. Infantile Spasm Marketed Products
12. Infantile Spasm Emerging Therapies
13. Infantile Spasm Seven Major Market Analysis
14. Attribute Analysis
15. Infantile Spasm Market Outlook (7 major markets)
16. Infantile Spasm Access and Reimbursement Overview
17. KOL Views on the Infantile Spasm Market.
18. Infantile Spasm Market Drivers
19. Infantile Spasm Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
Download Sample PDF Report – https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/infantile-spasm-market
About DelveInsight DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end-to-end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Ankit Nigam
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States