Alopecia Areata Market Report gives readers a thorough assessment of key market drivers, restraints, prospects, opportunities, restraints, current trends, and technological and industrial breakthroughs that will influence market growth. The detailed market research, industry sector growth and development, and new product introductions covered in this report on the Alopecia Areata Market are of great assistance to the important new commercial players joining the market.
This Alopecia Areata Market report research conducts a careful market evaluation and provides a professional analysis of the industry taking into account market development, present market circumstances, and forecasts for the future. The market driving factors, market overview, industry volume, and market share are also highlighted in this Alopecia Areata Market report analysis.
Regions Covered in the Report-
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Click the link to get a Sample Copy of the Report before purchase:- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/alopecia-areata-market
Alopecia Areata: An Overview
According to the National Alopecia Areata Foundation, Alopecia Areata (AA) is a common autoimmune skin disease, which causes hair loss on the scalp, face, and at times on other areas of the body. The affected hair follicles are attacked by a person’s immune system (white blood cells), which results in seizing of the hair growth stage. Hair follicles remain alive, and hair can regrow at any time in Alopecia Areata. Alopecia Areata usually begins with one or more patches which may be small, round, smooth on the scalp that can progress to total scalp hair loss or complete body hair loss. Genetic predisposition and environmental factors increase the chances of developing Alopecia Areata.
Key highlights of the Alopecia Areata Market Report
- According to the Chantal Bolduc et al., 2018, the prevalence of alopecia areata (AA) in the general population is estimated to be 0.1–0.2%. The lifetime risk of developing alopecia areata is estimated to be 1.7%. All races are affected equally by alopecia areata and no increase in prevalence has been found in a particular ethnic group.
- As per the study conducted by Alexandra C. Villasante Fricke et al. in 2015, the scalp is the most common site of involvement, with or without involvement of other body sites (such as the eyebrows, eyelashes, and beard). Specifically, the most common site was the occipital region, involved in 38.4% of males and 33.4% of females. Upon first presentation, 58% of adult patients had patchy hair loss with less than half the scalp involved. On the other hand, in children, 80–85% had mild-to-moderate hair loss involving less than half the scalp.
- As per the National Organization of Rare Disease, alopecia areata is most common among the children and approximately 2.5 million people are suffering from alopecia areata in the United States.
Alopecia Areata Epidemiology Insights
Alopecia areata occurs worldwide. The estimated prevalence is approximately 1 in 1000 people, with a lifetime risk of approximately 2 %. Both children and adults may develop alopecia areata, and the disorder occurs at similar rates in males and females. About 2% of people in the world have alopecia areata, which causes them to lose hair on their scalp, face, and body.
Alopecia Areata Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Prevalent Cases
- Age-specific Prevalent Cases
- Subtype-specific Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed and Treatable Cases
Alopecia Areata Treatment Market
The standard treatment for AA includes immunomodulators, corticosteroids, and vasodilators that are available as oral and systemic formulations. Steroids and immunotherapy are the current leading treatments for AA, even if they do not always guarantee regrowth and/or remissions.
Alopecia Areata Market Insights
Systemic therapy also causes a number of adverse effects like diabetes, weight gain, hypertension, psychological changes, osteoporosis, suppression of the adrenocorticotropic axes, striae, -acne, hypertrichosis, and purpura, etc. The disease may independently remit, and it is challenging to predict how long patients will take new therapies. It is also unclear how targeted agents will be used across patient populations of different disease severity. So, there is a high unmet need for new therapies that can overcome these limitations.
Alopecia Areata Market Forecast
The alopecia areata (AA) is the most common form of alopecia and is characterized by patchy scalp baldness. The potential for hair recovering is maintained but, at present, there is no treatment able to induce a permanent remission of this disease or approved to treat it. Thus, the market is completely dominated by off-label drug therapies. Depending on the extent of hair loss and age, there are a variety of treatment options available. The main goal of treatment is to block the immune systemattack or stimulate the regrowth of hair. This can be effective, especially for people with milder forms of the disease.
The market size shall grow during the forecast period owing to the already launched therapies. The market size is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period. Extensive R&D activities by academias and companies such as Pfizer, Eli Lilly and others shall fuel the growth of the market during the forecast period, i.e., 2021–2030.
Make an Enquiry Before Buying- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/alopecia-areata-market
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia Areata Market Overview at a Glance
- Alopecia Areata Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Alopecia Areata Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Alopecia Areata Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Alopecia Areata Treatment
- Alopecia Areata Marketed Products
- Alopecia Areata Emerging Therapies
- Alopecia Areata Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Alopecia Areata Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview of Alopecia Areata
- KOL Views
- Alopecia Areata Market Drivers
- Alopecia Areata Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Alopecia Areata Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, the Alopecia Areata market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Alopecia Areata R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Alopecia Areata. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Alopecia Areata market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Alopecia Areata
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Why should you buy this report?
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Alopecia Areata market
- To understand the future market competition in the Alopecia Areata market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Alopecia Areata in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Alopecia Areata market
- To understand the future market competition in the Alopecia Areata market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States