Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Report gives readers a thorough assessment of key market drivers, restraints, prospects, opportunities, restraints, current trends, and technological and industrial breakthroughs that will influence market growth. The detailed market research, industry sector growth and development, and new product introductions covered in this report on the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market are of great assistance to the important new commercial players joining the market.
This Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market report research conducts a careful market evaluation and provides a professional analysis of the industry taking into account market development, present market circumstances, and forecasts for the future. The market driving factors, market overview, industry volume, and market share are also highlighted in this Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market report analysis.
Regions Covered in the Report-
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Click the link to get a Sample Copy of the Report before purchase- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/anemia-in-chronic-kidney-disease-market
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease: An Overview
Anemia is a frequent complication of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and is associated with a decrease in the quality of life of patients causing an increase in morbidity and mortality. It is also believed to accelerate the rate of progression of CKD. Anemia in chronic kidney disease is typically attributed to the decrease of erythropoietin production that accompanies the fall in Glomerular filtration rate (GFR).
Key highlights of the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Report
- According to NHANES survey, the prevalence of anemia increased with stage of CKD, from 8.4% at stage 1 to 53.4% at stage 5. A total of 22.8% of CKD patients with anemia reported being treated for anemia within the previous 3 months–14.6% of patients at CKD stages 1–2 and 26.4% of patients at stages 3–4.
- According to the study conducted by Steven F. et al. 2018, in patients with stage 3 CKD, 22.2% of patients with diabetes were anemic, increasing to 52.4% in stage 4 CKD.
- According to available literature, no gender bias was reported in case of Anemia in chronic kidney disease.
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Insights
Anemia in chronic renal disease is a multifactorial condition, the widely accepted etiology being decreased renal production of erythropoietin, the hormone that is responsible for the stimulation of red blood cells production. Decreased erythropoietin has recently linked with down regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF), a transcription factor that regulates gene expression of erythropoietin. Other mechanisms include uremia (leading to RBC deformity responsible for hemolysis), folate and vitamin B12 deficiency, iron deficiency, bleeding due to dysfunctional platelets, and rarely blood loss from hemodialysis.
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Diagnosed and Treatable Population
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Age-specific Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases in different stages
Currently, the treatment paradigm for Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease involves use of Iron therapies, Erythropoietin stimulating agent (ESA) therapies, Red Blood Transfusions, Vitamin B12 & Folic Acid Supplements and nutrition. ESAs and iron therapies are the most potent and commonly followed treatment procedures for anemia associated with Chronic Kidney Disease. ESAs are used to stimulate erythropoiesis by either directly or indirectly acting on the erythropoietin receptor. There are two types of ESA therapies available in the United States, Europe and Canada named as Epogen (Epoetin Alfa) and Aranesp (Darbepoetin Alfa) for the treating anemia associated due to chronic kidney disease.
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Insights
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), Anemia commonly occurs in people with chronic kidney disease (CKD) which results into permanent, partial loss of kidney function. Anemia might begin to develop in the early stages of CKD, when someone has 20 to 50 percent of normal kidney function. Anemia tends to worsen as CKD progresses. Most people who have total loss of kidney function, or kidney failure, have anemia.
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Forecast
The development of recombinant EPO followed by erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs) revolutionized the management of anemia in CKD. Although initially instituted to avoid transfusions, they were soon known to have various positive effects, including improved survival and quality of life, improved cardiac function and mortality associated with it, lower hospitalizations,and lower costs. Recombinant human erythropoietin and darbepoetin alfa are the two ESAs generally used in the management of anemia in CKD. They are fairly similar in efficacy and side effect profile, except for the longer half-life of darbepoetin alfa, thus allowing for less frequent dosing.
The market size shall grow during the forecast period owing to the launch of upcoming therapies. The market size is expected to increase at a CAGR of XX during the study period. Expected launch of Vadadustat, Daprodustat shall fuel the growth of the market during the forecast period, i.e., 2020–2030.
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Dynamics
Traditional molecules for intravenous administration may cause rare but fatal anaphylactic reactions (especially for high molecular weight iron dextran), severe hypotension due to ‘labile’ iron (iron sucrose or iron gluconate) or need to be given at repeated small doses with a long infusion time in order to avoid toxicity (iron gluconate and iron sucrose). In order to avoid this several key players such as Akebia Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, Astellas Pharma, FibroGen, Inc and many others are working on developing therapies for treatment of Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease.
Make an Enquiry Before Buying- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/anemia-in-chronic-kidney-disease-market
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis for Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Overview at a Glance
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Marketed Products
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Emerging Therapies
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview of Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease
- KOL Views
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Drivers
- Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Why should you buy this report?
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market
- To understand the future market competition in the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market
- To understand the future market competition in the Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States