The global surgical stapling devices market was valued at USD 4.12 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 8.36% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2027, to reach USD 6.67 billion by 2027. The growing demand for surgical stapling devices is primarily attributed to the increasing number of surgical procedures across the globe. In addition, rising preferences for a minimally invasive procedure, technological advancement in the product arena, and various advantages associated with surgical staplers are expected to propel the market for overall surgical staplers.
Surgical Stapling Devices: An Overview
Surgical staplers are medical devices that are used in place of sutures. They can close large wounds or incisions more quickly and be less painful than stitches for patients and are often used in minimally invasive surgery.
Regions Covered in the Report
Get To Know More Information about the Report- Surgical Stapling Devices Market Share
Recent Developmental Activities in the Surgical Stapling Devices Market
- In March 2021, Ethicon Launches New Echelon+ Stapler with GST Reloads to increase staple line security and reduce complications in surgery.
- In February 2021, Meril Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd., received FDA clearance for Mirus Circular Stapler, Mirus Linear Cutter and Reload, Mirus Hemorrhoidal Circular Stapler, Mirus Linear Stapler and Reload.
- In July 2020, Covidien (Medtronic) received FDA approval for Signia Stapler (with new software).
Key Takeaways from the Surgical Stapling Devices Market Report Study
- Market size analysis for current market size (2021), and market forecast for 5 years (2022-2027)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market is significant. To capture and analyse suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the Surgical Stapling Devices market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture happened for last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the Global Surgical Stapling Devices Market.
- Various opportunities available for the other competitor in the Surgical Stapling Devices Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2021? How these segments will perform in 2027.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for Surgical Stapling Devices market growth in the coming future?
Surgical Stapling Devices Market Dynamics
The demand for surgical stapling devices is escalating at present because of the increasing number of surgical procedures across the globe. For instance, according to the data published by the Global Surgery Foundation in the year 2021, there are approximately 30% of global disorders caused by indications that can be treated by surgery. In addition, as per the 2019 statistics revealed by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, about 24% (2.7 million) of the hospital admissions in the country involved elective surgery in the year 2017-2018.
Moreover, advantages of staplers such as minimal tissue reaction, reduced risk of infection, and strong wound closure, less tissue strangulation than sutures, among others are also expected to raise the demand for the device during surgery. Additionally, the recent launch of surgical staplers with advanced 3D stapling technology for various surgeries is also projected to contribute to the global market growth of surgical staplers. For instance, in September 2019, Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson medical devices company introduced Echelon Circular, a powered circular stapler integrated with the company’s 3D Stapling Technology and Gripping Surface Technology (GST) for colorectal, gastric and thoracic surgery.
COVID-19 Impact on Surgical Stapling Devices Market
Also, the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak has slowed down the global market for surgical stapling devices during the initial phases. Nationwide lockdown, cancelled or denied elective surgeries to prevent the transmission of the infection, disruptive supply chain due to logistical restriction across the border are some of the reasons that lead to the sluggish market growth of surgical stapling devices. According to the World Economic Forum 2020 data, approximately 38% of global cancer surgery has been postponed or cancelled. However, owing to the approval and administration of numerous COVID-19 vaccines across the globe in the second half of 2020, there was a significant improvement in the resumption of activities across various domains including healthcare services, thereby paving the way for a sound period of recovery for the surgical stapling devices market.
Surgical Stapling Devices Market Segment Analysis
Surgical Stapling Devices Market By Product Type (Powered Surgical Staplers and Manual Surgical Staplers), By Type (Circular, Linear, Curved, Skin Closure, Others), By Usage (Single Use/ Disposable And Reusable), By Application (Abdominal & Pelvic Surgery, Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, and Others), By End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), and By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World).
In the surgical stapling devices product type segment, the powered surgical staplers are projected to hold a significant market share during the forecasted period. This is owing to the availability of various technologically advanced powered surgical staplers. Furthermore, benefits such as easier to operate, and optimized stapling solutions capable of reducing leaks without compromising perfusion, less movement during transection, and others associated with powered surgical staplers will also fuel the market of powered surgical staplers.
Surgical Stapling Devices Market is expected to dominate the North America
Among all the regions, North America is expected to occupy a major share in the overall surgical stapling devices market during the forthcoming years. This domination is due to the increasing surgical procedures such as bariatric surgery, aesthetic surgeries in the region. Also, rising traumatic injury in the region which require surgical staplers for closing the wound is another factor for the growth of the surgical staplers market in the region.For instance, according to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery 2021 publication, a total of 256,000 bariatric surgeries were performed in the region in the year 2019 out of which 59.4% were laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy which requires surgical staplers to remove 80% of the stomach, making it much smaller.
In addition, as per the reports published by Obesity Canada in the year 2019, a total of 10,364 bariatric surgeries were performed in the region between 2017 and 2018. Thus, growing surgeries especially for weight loss could be a potential factor responsible for augmenting the surgical stapling devices market. Moreover, the presence of key market players such as Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, and CONMED Corporation, among others actively manufacturing surgical staplers in the region are also expected to bolster the surgical stapling devices market in the region.
Some of the key market players operating in the surgical stapling devices market include B. Braun Melsungen AG, ConMed Corporation, Intuitive Surgical., Meril Life Science Pvt. Ltd, Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, Smith & Nephew, Lepu Medical, Frankenman International Ltd, 3M, Fengh Medical Co., Ltd., IntoCare Medical Technology (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Lexington Medical, Waston medical, Reach Surgical, Purple Surgical, Stapleline Medizintechnik GmbH, Panther Healthcare, Microcure (Suzhou) Medical Technology Co., Ltd., Golden Stapler Surgical Co., Ltd., and others.
Find more related information of the report- Surgical Stapling Devices Market Size
Table of Content
1. Surgical Stapling Devices Market Report Introduction
2. Surgical Stapling Devices Market Executive summary
3. Regulatory and Patent Analysis
4. Surgical Stapling Devices Market Key factors analysis
5. Surgical Stapling Devices Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6. COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Surgical Stapling Devices Market
7. Surgical Stapling Devices Market layout
8. Surgical Stapling Devices Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies
9. Surgical Stapling Devices Company and Product Profiles
10. KOL Views
11. Project Approach
12. About DelveInsight
13. Disclaimer & Contact Us
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States