Megan Bliss, FNP-C, founder of Live Bliss Health has a 3 step method to improving confidence. Many women walk into a room and worry about what anyone is thinking. Megan has tips to sky-rocket confidence.
Step 1: Focus on the positives and be meticulous about that!
The first step to do is write down a list of necessary HABITS that will propel women forward.
• Exercise: Exercise habits are not easy but they are effective – when starting out, it is common to focus on how hated it is! Change that to focusing on increasing weights – it HELPS!
• Productivity: Working women have more self-confidence. Stay-at-home-moms tend to experience the confidence dwindle. It is important to instead find something to throw productive energy into on a daily basis – whether it is a garden, PTA, or another home project.
• Relationships: Many times, we tend to spiral into all the things going WRONG in romantic relationships, friendships, family, INSTEAD – focus on what is going right in those areas!
Step 2: Fake It Until You Make It
This has two sides to it – there is a GREAT side and a NOT so great side!
Megan shares the top 2 mistakes and how to avoid them:
• Women should not pretend problems don’t exist – that can have a rebound effect on self-esteem and make it plummet even further.
• Avoid generalizations – ie, When a good attempt has been given and negative feedback is received, it can feel like all the work for is for nothing – REALITY CHECK – writing these thoughts down can really bring perspective into how ridiculous that way of thinking is!
Step 3: Positive Affirmations Don’t Work- Here Is What Does
Common thinking is to have 10 phrases written out and repeated on a daily basis. Why is this not working? Because the inner narrative would chime in and whisper – “You’re kidding yourself.” or “LIAR!”
Megan instructs clients to rewrite the inner narrative and stories. Instead-
• Pick 3 affirmations in those areas above
• Set a reminder in the calendar to review affirmations monthly to see if they still pertain or if progress has been made on them.
• Change the tone from “I am” to “I want” and see if that helps feel more authentic.
• Stop shooting for perfectionism and instead revert back to step 1
Here’s the deal, scriptures say, “Faith without works is dead.” OR “Fail to plan, you plan to fail!” Confidence doesn’t happen overnight and is definitely a trait that can be developed over time and intentional action.
What is the most important step? There’s just one thing left: take action. Check out more at https://meganbliss.com/