The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Turkey had launched an online portal in 2013 through which international travellers, business personals and medical help seekers can get an electronic form of visa with ease. The purpose to introduce e-visa was to reduce the visa processing time and to reduce the workload of embassies around the globe.
Citizens of Maldives can apply for a Turkey visa for Maldivian citizens through an online portal. The online visa system has been available since 2013. Maldivian citizens aren’t required to apply for a regular Turkey visa for Maldivian citizens.
An electronic Turkey visa for Maldivian citizens is mandatory for short trips up to 90 days for business, tourism, or medical purposes. But, If you are planning to stay more than 90 days in Turkey then you’ll have to apply for a regular Turkey visa through the Turkish Embassy.
Just like Maldivian citizens, Omani citizens can apply for a Turkey visa for Omani citizens through an online portal. The Turkey visa application process is the same for both countries but there might be slight difference in the visa processing fee as it is country/territory specific.
Electronic Turkey visa for Omani citizens is a mandatory requirement not an option. If you are visiting Turkey for 90 days or less for business, tourism, medical purposes then you must apply for Turkey eVisa.
Things To Know Before Applying For Turkey Visa
If you’re going to Turkey, the first thing you should always keep in mind is never ever join a political rally or you’ll be put behind bars. They don’t like any foreigner interference in their internal politics. Also, don’t get into any kind of drug activity because Turkey authorities have zero tolerance against drug abuse.
Always be in contact with your countries’ embassy so that they can help you out if you get into any trouble. Some parts of Turkey are terror senstive and so you should always be updated regarding whats happening in local. So, keep tracking newspapers and channels for the latest updates.
Requirements For Turkey Visa
There are no special requirements for a Turkey visa. You just need to fulfil some basic requirements to obtain a Turkey visa for Maldivian citizens and Omani citizens.
- You need a valid travel document or passport with at least 3 months validity.
- A phone number.
- A passport size photo and sign.
- A valid email-id. You will receive the visa confirmation through email.
- A debit/credit card or paypal account to pay the visa processing fee.
- You don’t need to carry a hard copy of the e-visa as it is stored against your passport in the Turkish database.
How To Apply For A Turkey Visa?
The Turkey visa application process is simple and straightforward. You can complete the application process in less than 20 minutes.
- First of all, visit the official website of the Turkish visa department.
- Fill the form with correct details. Check again your data before moving forward.
- Upload a copy of your passport, photo, sign, and other supporting documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee.
- Now, wait for the confirmation mail. You’ll receive the mail within 72 hours of the application.
Company Name: TURKEY Official
Contact Person: Schumacher Thomas Melisa
Email: Send Email
Phone: +49 30 8800880
City: 10179 Berlin