Canada is a beautiful country and a great tourist destination. Also, the Canadian visa application process is very smooth. You can literally apply for a Canadian visa in just 10 minutes through their online portal.
Canada offers an online visa officially known as an Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA. But ETA is only available for selected countries under the Visa Waiver Program.
Canada Visa for Dutch Citizens
Citizens of Netherlands can apply for a Canada visa for Dutch citizens through an online portal. And this is a mandatory requirement for Dutch citizens, not optional. However, Netherland falls under Canada’s visa-free travel program, so Dutch citizens do not need to visit a Canadian embassy. You can simply apply for a Canada visa for Dutch citizens (ETA) through their official website.
You are in luck if you are from Portugal and want to visit Canada, as Portugal falls under the Canadian visa waiver program which means you do not need a regular Canadian visa for citizens Portuguese. You can apply for a Canadian ETA through their official website.
However, you can only apply for an ETA for business, tourism, medical or transit purposes. Only the holder of an ordinary Portuguese passport can apply for an ETA
If you have any other purpose of visit or other type of passport then you will have to apply for a regular Canada visa for Portuguese citizens.
Things to Remember before Applying for a Canadian Visa.
Although, Canada visa for Dutch citizens and Portuguese citizens is easy to apply for, there are few things you must remember before applying for Canadian visa to avoid any problem.
- Collect all your information and documents before you apply for the Canadian visa.
- You can apply for a Canadian visa for Portuguese citizens and Dutch citizens only for one at a time. For example, if you’re applying for three family members, you’ll have to apply for 3 one by one.
- If you don’t receive mail, you should check the junk/spam folder.
- Confirmation email is just for reference, you don’t need to print and carry it during your travel. ETA is stored electronically against your passport in Canada’s systems.
- Make sure everything is there when you are applying for the visa, because you get limited time to complete the process.
- If you entered wrong passport details such as name, Date of birth, passport number or anything else, you won’t be able to board even if your Canada visa for Dutch citizens and Portuguese citizens is approved.
- You can stay up to 6 months within the validity period of your visa.
Requirements for Canada visa:
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- A passport size photo.
- A working email id.
- Payment method such as debit or credit card.
- If required you’ll have to upload supporting documents. You’ll get an email to upload documents after you finish your application.
How to Apply for Canada visa:
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of Canadian immigration department.
- Now, fill the visa form.
- Pay the visa processing fee.
- Now wait for the email.
Company Name: CANADA Visa Official
Contact Person: Milanad Thomas Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +31 20 676 5075
Address:Tobias Asserlaan 5, 2517 KC
City: Den Haag