French nationals who intend to travel to India for tourism, professional or medical reasons no longer need to obtain a consular visa to enter this country. This is because India has adopted the eVisa system. Hence, you can apply for India e-Visa online and iVisa.com can help you with the process online.
There are three types of visas for French citizens:
- Tourist e-Visa
- Business e-Visa
- Medical e-Visa
What are the requirements?
While the online application process is far more accessible than the one at the embassy, you still need to make sure that you meet a minimum of requirements. Even so, you will have an easy time with this part because these documents aren’t hard to get. Here is the shortlist:
- Applicant Photo
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
What are the processing times and fees?
- Standard processing – 5 days. This is the least expensive option and that’s why most applicants prefer it. It only costs USD 68.49 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher this time. You will be charged USD 135.99 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing time – 36 hours. As you can guess, the price goes even higher with this option. You need to pay USD 168.99 (service fees included).
How can I apply for Indian Visa for French Citizens?
- The first one asks you to provide your personal information, passport info, and travel details. You also have to choose a processing time and visa type at this point.
- The second step asks you to handle the payment and review your form carefully.
- The third step requires you to upload the supporting documents of your application.
How long Can a French Citizen Stay in India without a Visa?
Travellers from France cannot visit India without an approved visa. All French passport holders need a visa to travel to India, no matter the purpose of the visit or the length of the intended stay.
The e-Visa for India for French nationals is usually issued as a multiple entry visa and is available for either:
- Tourism – Allows French tourists multiple stays of up to 90 days in India per entry, valid for 1 year from the issue
- Business – Permits a total stay of up to 180 days for business activities such as recruitment, and attending meetings, seminars, or conferences. Valid for 1 year from approval.
- Medical patients – For French citizens seeking treatment in India for a serious medical conditions, including heart surgery, neurosurgery, gene therapy, and organ transplants
- Medical companion of a patient – Available for up to 2 companions who wish to accompany a patient receiving medical treatment in India. Not available for minors under the age of 18.
The Indian government introduced an e-Visa for a number of foreign nationals, including German passport holders, in 2014. The purpose of the India e-Visa is to simplify the visa application process for travellers who wish to enjoy a short stay in the country. There is no need to wait in long lines on arrival at immigration to apply for a visa or to visit an Indian diplomatic mission in person to obtain a travel document.
The India e-Visa for German citizens can be applied for online at in minutes by filling out a simple electronic form. Below you will find out which requirements you must meet in order to apply for an India visa online from Germany.
What is an India Visa for German Citizens and What Does It Do?
An India eVisa for German passport holders is available in 3 different visa types:
- Tourist e-Visa: A multiple-entry tourist visa that permits a stay of up to 90 days with each entry, valid for 1 year from approval.
- Business e-Visa: Available for business activities such as attending meetings and conferences, recruiting staff, or signing contacts in India. A multiple entry visa that allows a total stay of 180 days, valid for 1 year from issue.
- Medical e-Visa: May be issued as either a visa for patients seeking medical treatment in India or as a visa for up to 2 companions of the patient. It is a triple-entry visa that allows a consecutive stay of 60 days per entry and is valid for 120 days from approval. Available for children as a patient visa only.
Application Steps for the India e-Visa from Germany
To submit an India e-Visa application from Germany, it is necessary to follow 4 simple steps:
- Fill out the electronic form with basic personal details, passport data, and travel information
- Supply a current email address at which to receive the approved electronic visa for India
- Upload the necessary supporting documents in a digital format
- Pay the India e-Visa fee using a valid credit or debit card pre-authorized for online transactions
Company Name: INDIAN EVISA
Contact Person: Milanad Thomas Caitlin
Email: Send Email
Phone: +31 20 676 5075
Address:Tobias Asserlaan 5, 2517 KC
City: Den Haag