The global ulcerative colitis drug market is forecast to reach USD 10.69 Billion by 2028, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Ulcerative colitis (UC) can be defined as an inflammatory bowel disease, which is chronic in nature. Some of the mentionable symptoms associated with the condition is inflammation, irritation, and ulcers in the lining of the colon. The disease does not have a cure, and patients of the condition experience revival of the symptoms. However, with the help of the right treatment, the condition and associated signs & symptoms can be effectively managed. The exact cause for the occurrence of the condition remains unknown.
Previously stress and diet was suspected to be the cause for the occurrence of the disease. However, now it is known that stress and diet may aggravate the condition. Heredity and immune system malfunction are considered to be the possible cause for the occurrence of the disease. There are two main goals of UC treatment. The first is to control the symptom & enhance the comfort of patients and increasing the healing of colon. The second aim is to avoid more flare-ups. The focus of the treatment is to minimize & control the signs and symptoms of the disease. There are different types of drugs that may be prescribed by a doctor like Antibiotics, Corticosteroids, and Biologics, among others. In regards to region, Europe can be seen to occupy a prominent market share. The market share held by this region is the result of the high prevalence rate of the condition in this region, along with continuously expanding healthcare sector.
Developments in biosimilars, increasing prevalence rate of Ulcerative Colitis, and changing lifestyle have resulted in boosting the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market – Our Expert Review
This study aims to define market sizes and forecast the values for different segments and countries in the coming eight years. The study aims to include qualitative and quantitative perspectives about the industry within the regions and countries covered in the report. The report also outlines the significant factors, such as driving factors and challenges, that will determine the market’s future growth.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The Ulcerative Colitis Drug market held a market share of USD 6.79 Billion in the year 2018 that is forecasted to grow at a rate of 4.6% during the forecast period.
- In context to Drug Type, the Biologics segment generated the highest revenue of USD 2.78 Billion in 2018, with a CAGR of 4.50% during the forecast period. The effectiveness of Biologics in working in a selective manner, rather than affecting the whole body that results in reducing medication-related side effects and elevated preference among care providers and care users contributes to the revenue generated by this segment.
- In context to Route of Administration, the Oral segment is projected to witness a faster growth rate of 5.4% during the forecast period. The growth rate witnessed by the segment is attributed to the presence of strong pipeline products and continuous developments in various drugs, along with rising awareness about the condition. Increasing awareness about the disease results in early detection of the condition and increasing demand for 5-aminosalicylic acid, which is usually the first step of treatment.
- In context to Distribution Channel, the Hospitals Pharmacy segment held the largest market share of 45.0% in 2018, with a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period. The market share occupied by the Hospitals Pharmacy segment is resultant of the rising incidence rate of the condition, increase in the number of in-patient and out-patients, elevation in the number of hospitalization associated with the disease, which results in high demand for medications of the disease from this distribution channel.
- In regards to Application, the Ulcerative proctitis segment generated the highest revenue of USD 3.80 Billion in 2018, with a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. The high incidence rate of the condition results in high demand for UC drug in this segment.
- In regards to the region, Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth rate of 5.1% during the forecast, which is expected to hold 8% of the market by 2027. The growth rate witnessed by the region is resultant of changing lifestyle that triggers the number of patients affected by this condition along with expansion of the health care sector and rising product approvals, which are supporting the market growth in this region.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2379
The report also focuses on details of each market player including its global position, financial standing, revenue generation, company overview, and product & service portfolio. The Ulcerative Colitis Drug market is extremely competitive and consists of several key players at the regional and global levels. Key players are focused on adopting various strategies such as new product launches, mergers and acquisitions, investments in R&D, partnerships, joint ventures, and collaborations to strengthen their market position and enhance their product portfolio.
Leading companies operating in the market are:
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (Salix Pharmaceutical), AbbVie Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Shire, Pfizer Inc.
The report also offers detailed insights about market segmentation based on type, application and regional bifurcation:
Ulcerative Colitis Drug Market Segmentation:
Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- 5-aminosalicylic acid
Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Hospitals Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Some essential purposes of the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market research report:
- Vital Developments: Custom investigation provides critical improvements to the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market, including R&D, new item shipment, coordinated efforts, development rate, partnerships, joint efforts, and local development of rivals working in the market on a global scale and regional.
- Market Characteristics: The report contains Ulcerative Colitis Drug market highlights, income, limit, limit utilization rate, value, net, creation rate, generation, utilization, import, trade, supply, demand, cost, part of the industry in general, CAGR, and gross margin. Likewise, the market report offers an exhaustive investigation of the elements and their most recent patterns, along with Service market fragments and subsections.
- Investigative Tools: This market report incorporates the accurately considered and evaluated information of the major established players and their extension into the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market by methods. Systematic tools and methodologies, for example, Porter’s Five Powers Investigation, Possibilities Study, and numerous other statistical investigation methods have been used to analyze the development of the key players working in the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market.
- Convincingly, the Ulcerative Colitis Drug report will give you an unmistakable perspective on every single market reality without the need to allude to some other research report or source of information. This report will provide all of you with the realities about the past, present, and eventual fate of the Ulcerative Colitis Drug market.
Thank you for reading the report. Kindly note that we also offer customized reports according to the client’s requirements. Contact us to know more about the customization feature and our team will provide you with the best-customized report.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Foot and Ankle Devices Market by Product (Orthopaedic Implants, Bracing and Support Devices, Internal Fixators, Prosthesis (SACH, Single/Multi-Axial)), Application, End-User (Hospital, ASCs, Orthopaedic Clinics, Rehabilitation Centres) And Region, Forecast 2018 To 2028
Electrophysiology (EP) Catheter Market By Product Type (Electrophysiology Ablation Catheters, Electrophysiology Diagnostic Catheters), By End-Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others) And Region, Forecast 2018 To 2028
Closed MRI Systems Market Analysis By Product Type (Low-To-Mid Field, High Field, Very High Field, Ultra-High Field), By Application, And By Region Forecast to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, TouchPoints, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provide our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States