DelveInsight’s ‘Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome-Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast–2032’ report deliver an in-depth understanding of the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome market trends in the United States, the EU-5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, market share of individual therapies, and the current and forecasted 7MM Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome market size from 2019 to 2032. The Report also covers current Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome treatment practice, market drivers, market barriers, SWOT analysis, reimbursement, market access, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Some of the key facts of the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Report:
- In 2021, the total incident cases of ARDS were estimated to be 1,088,015 cases in the 7MM. These cases are expected to increase by 2032 at a CAGR of 1.5% during the study period (2019–2032).
- Among the 7MM, the United States has the highest number of incident cases of ARDS with approximately 630,584 cases in 2021.
- Assessments as per DelveInsight’s analysts show that in terms of severity-specific incidence, a similar trend is observed in all countries, with a majority of the cases pointing to moderate ARDS, except France, where severe cases of ARDS accounted for a maximum patient population.
- Generally, among the 7MM countries, the primary risk factor associated with the highest number of incident cases of ARDS was pneumonia, except for the United Kingdom, where sepsis was the primary risk factor for ARDS
- In the United States, there were a total of 189,175, 293,852, and 147,557 severity-specific cases of mild, moderate, and severe ARDS respectively, in 2021. Assessments as per DelveInsight’s analysts show that the majority of cases of ARDS are of moderate ARDS, followed by mild and severe and this is subject to change due to a rapid increase in the coming years.
- Among the EU-5, Germany had the highest total incident population of ARDS with 193,828 cases, followed by France (73,541 cases), and Italy with 55,522 cases in 2021. On the other hand, Spain (31,286 cases) had the lowest incident population for 2021.
- In 2021, Japan had approximately 69,628 total incident cases of ARDS which are expected to increase by 2032 at a CAGR of 0.5% during the study period (2019–2032)
Key Benefits of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, explaining its etiology, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, genetic basis, and currently available therapies.
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome epidemiology and treatment.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome market.
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Landscape.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) Overview
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a rapidly progressive disease occurring in critically ill patients. The major complication in ARDS is marked by leakage of fluid into the lungs, making breathing difficult or impossible. Acute lung injury (ALI) is a common condition characterized by acute severe hypoxia that is not due to left atrial hypertension. The term ALI encompasses a continuum of clinical and radiographic changes that affect the lungs with the acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) representing the more severe end of this continuum. Despite advances in the understanding of the pathophysiology and management of ALI, it is still associated with high mortality.
Out of total COVID-19 cases, the patients who are critically ill—very few and ranging from 1–4%—constitute the potential pool for ARDS. The causes of ARDS are divided into two categories: direct or indirect injuries to the lung. Some of the direct injuries to the lung include pneumonia, aspiration, trauma, and others. Whereas the indirect injuries to the lung include inflammation of the pancreas, severe infection (also known as sepsis), blood transfusions, burns, and medication reactions.
The few symptoms of ARDS are shortness of breath, cough, and fever; in some cases, fast heart rates and rapid breathing have been reported as well. Occasionally, patients of ARDS experience chest pain, especially during inhalation, and some patients also experience bluish coloring of nails and lips due to the severely decreased oxygen levels in the blood. Several risk factors may escalate the risk of ARDS; this involves obesity, alcohol abuse, chemotherapy, and low-protein in blood.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) Epidemiology Segmentation
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) total Incident Population
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)Severity-specific Incident Population Acute
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) incident population
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) Market
The therapeutic market of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) in the seven major markets was USD 1,065.7 Million in the year 2021. The United States accounts for the highest market size of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), in comparison to the other seven major markets, i.e., EU5 countries and Japan. Among the EU5 countries, Germany contributed the largest market share in EU5 countries, with approximately 62.47%, followed by France (14.74%) in the year 2021.
Despite decades of research, treatment options for ARDS are restricted. Supportive care with mechanical ventilation remains the mainstay of management. There are relatively few treatments available for ARDS. Other treatment options, which the patients with ARDS are generally subjected to include supplemental oxygen, prone positioning, use of paralytics, fluid management, and a technique called positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) to help push the fluid out of air sacs. These are combined with continuing treatment of the original illness or injury. Because people with ARDS are less able to fight lung infections, they may develop bacterial pneumonia during the illness. Antibiotics are given to fight infection. Also, supportive treatment, such as intravenous fluid or food, may be needed.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Landscape
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Drivers
- Increasing R&D Activities
- Increasing incidence of ARDS
- Non-competitive Landscape
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Barriers
- Lack of awareness about the disease
- Mechanical Ventilation for Management
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Key Companies
- Faron Pharmaceuticals
- BioMarck Pharmaceuticals
- Apeptico Forschung und Entwicklung GmbH
Acute Respiratory Distress SyndromeTherapies
Table of Contents
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary
- SWOT analysis
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Patient Share (%) Overview at a Glance
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Overview at a Glance
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Disease Background and Overview
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Country-Specific Patient Population of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Current Treatment and Medical Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Emerging Therapies
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Outlook
- Country-Wise Hemophilia Market Analysis (2019–2032)
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market drivers
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market barriers
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Market Outlook 2032
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States