DelveInsight’s “Melanoma Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of Melanoma, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Melanoma market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Melanoma market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Melanoma market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted Melanoma market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Melanoma treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Melanoma market.
Some of the key facts of the Melanoma Market Report:
- As per Cancer Research UK, melanoma is the fifth most common cancer in the UK. There are around 16,200 new melanoma skin cancer cases in the UK every year. Incidence rates for melanoma skin cancer are projected to rise by 7% in the UK between 2014 and 2035, to 32 cases per 100,000 people by 2035.
- As per the National Organization for Rare Disorders 2020,
The incidence of these types of skin cancers is increasing at a relatively fast rate as compared with other forms of cancer. The risk of melanoma is higher in people of European descent than in other populations.
A darker pigmentation to the skin may be associated with a lower risk of Metastatic Melanoma. It is also associated with a greater risk for those individuals with blue eyes and a fair complexion.
Key benefits of the Melanoma Market report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Melanoma, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Melanoma epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Melanoma is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Melanoma market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Melanoma market
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Melanoma Market Landscape
Melanoma Market Overview
As per the American Skin Association, Melanoma is a life threatening Metastatic tumor that originates in cells called melanocytes, which are pigment-producing cells. The majority of Melanomas are black or brown. However, some Melanomas are skin-colored, pink, red, purple, blue or white. Melanoma begins on the skin where it is easy to see and treat. However, it can grow into the skin, reaching the blood vessels and lymphatics, and can spread within the body to various organs when it can be fatal. If it is recognized and treated early, chances of recovery are very good. But if it is not found early, it can grow deeper into the skin, and spread to other parts of the body. Once Melanoma spreads beyond the skin to other parts of the body, it becomes hard to treat and can be fatal.
Over the past years, several therapies have been approved by the US FDA. Depending on the features of the tumor (location, stage, and genetic profile), the therapeutic options may be surgical resection, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, photodynamic therapy (PDT), immunotherapy, or targeted therapy. Recently the US Food and Drug Administration approved Opdualag for patients with metastatic or inoperable melanoma, which consisted of two immunotherapy agents, relatlimab (anti-LAG-3) and nivolumab (anti-PD-1), which delayed the time to cancer progression.Over the past decades, the knowledge of melanoma has improved dramatically, leading to discoveries that have been translated into therapeutic developments and prevention strategies. Genomic studies and clinical trials on individuals from different ethnicities are urgently needed to improve patients’ survival with melanoma subtypes that are more common in these populations.
Melanoma Market Epidemiological Insight
- Melanoma of the skin represents 5.6% of all new cancer cases in the U.S., with the rate of new cases of melanoma of the skin being 22.7 per 100,000 per year. The death rate was 2.3 per 100,000. These rates are age-adjusted and based on 2013–2017 cases and 2014–2018 deaths.
- As per the National Cancer Institute, in 2020, an estimated 6,850 persons died from melanoma in the United States. For melanoma of the skin, death rates are higher among the middle-aged and elderly. More than 65% of the deaths due to Melanoma is between the age group of 55 to 85 years.
- According to Cancer.Net, if the melanoma has spread to other, distant parts of the body, the survival rate is lower, about 27%. Approximately 4% of cases are diagnosed at this stage.
- According to the SEER estimates, 106,110 new cases of Melanoma were observed in 2021. More than half of the new cases occur in patients 60+ years of age.
Melanoma Market Epidemiological Segmentation
- Incident cases of Melanoma
- Stage-specific incident
- Type-specific cases Melanoma
- Mutation-specific (BRAF, MEK) incident Cases of Melanoma
Melanoma Market Outlook
The Melanoma market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Melanoma market trends by analyzing the impact of current Melanoma therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the Melanoma market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Melanoma market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Melanoma market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @Melanoma Market Landscape
Melanoma Key Companies
- IO Biotech
- Idera Pharmaceuticals
- Linnaeus Therapeutics
- And many more
- And many more
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Melanoma
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- Melanoma Emerging Therapies
- Melanoma Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Melanoma Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Melanoma Market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States