The global Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) market size is expected to reach USD 2,562.9 Million in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Rising demand for precise and error-free tools for handling huge data of patients is driving market revenue growth. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe is resulting in rising number of patient footfall in hospitals, which is expected to result in increase in data volume generated by the hospitals. For instance, researchers at the University of Pennsylvania use a machine learning tool to predict patients at highest risk for developing severe sepsis in just 12 hours. This new tool can monitor hundreds of key variables in real-time by taking data from more than 160,000 patients.
Adoption of cloud computing in the healthcare sector is also driving market growth. Increasing usage of healthcare IoT devices and need to document and analyze large volumes of data to deliver both personal and population health management services require cloud computing from business and technology perspectives. Cloud computing also facilitates application of technologies such as Big Data analytics, cognitive computing, mobile collaboration, and information exchange which accelerates delivery of advanced healthcare solutions. Governments of various countries across the globe also play an important role in implementing any new system or technology in the healthcare industry. CDSS is expensive and thus financial support and awareness spread by governments of various countries is expected to support revenue growth of the market.
However, cost of implementing a CDSS is very high, and it may not be feasible for all hospitals and clinical centers, which could hamper market revenue growth in the near future. In addition, servicing and software upgradation costs of these systems can sometimes be more than the price of original products.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2121
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In November 2019, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions entered into a partnership with San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, which has chosen its Electronic Health Record (EHR) suite named Sunrise Community Care, built particularly for community hospitals.
- Integrated CDSS segment accounted for a larger revenue share in 2020, owing to high demand for CDSS with novel functionalities to collaborate and exchange information amongst healthcare providers.
- By level of interactivity, passive CDSS segment revenue is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period, as it offers referential links to evidence-based content and resources. Hospitals and clinics often deploy these links to make decisions for evidence-based guidelines, drug libraries, agency policies, and bibliographic searches, among others.
- Inpatient segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2020 due to need to manage large volume of patient data that can be captured and analyzed by healthcare professionals. Revenue share of this segment is also increasing as CDSS may be economical for healthcare system and can help to reduce length-of-stay, providing advantages such as low-cost medication options and decreasing test duplication.
- Diagnostic decision support segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020. Increasing prevalence of allergies, especially drug allergies, is driving demand for diagnostic decision support systems for recommending, dispensing, or administering a drug to reduce medication error that may otherwise occur and lead to adverse consequences.
- Market in North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2020, owing to ongoing technological advancement, high awareness of these systems among patients, and increasing focus of government bodies on providing better healthcare services to people.
- Some major companies profiled in the global market report are Cerner Corporation, Epic Systems Corporation, Zynx Health, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., IBM, McKesson Corporation, Siemens Healthineers, Meditech, Philips Healthcare, and Wolters Kluwer Health.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global CDSS market based on component, product, type, mode of delivery, level of interactivity, setting outlook, usage, application, end-use, and region:
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Integrated CDSS
- Standalone CDSS
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Therapeutic CDSS
- Diagnostic CDSS
Mode of Delivery Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- On-Premises CDSS
- Web-Based CDSS
- Cloud-Based CDSS
Level of Interactivity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Active CDSS
- Passive CDSS
Setting Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Ambulatory Care
Usage Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Expert Laboratory Information System
- Machine Learning Systems
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Drug Databases
- Care Plans
- Diagnostic Decision Support
- Disease Reference
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Retail Pharmacies
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data:
Steroids Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/steroids-market
Tracheostomy Tube Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/tracheostomy-tube-market
Zafirlukast Market @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/zafirlukast-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States