DelveInsight’s “Epilepsy- Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of Epilepsy, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Epilepsy market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Epilepsy market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Epilepsy market share of the individual therapies, and current and forecasted Epilepsy market size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Epilepsy treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Some of the key facts of the Epilepsy Market Report:
- According to a study titled “Epidemiology, causes, and treatment of epilepsy in sub-Saharan Africa” conducted by Ba-Diop et al., epilepsy is a common neurological disease in tropical countries, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa. The prevalence estimated from door-to-door studies was almost double that in Asia, Europe, and North America. The most commonly implicated risk factors are birth trauma, CNS infections, and traumatic brain injury. The meta-analysis showed that the global prevalence of epilepsy in sub-Saharan Africa is 9·39 per 1000. The study further reported that the prevalence was higher in door-to-door than in cross-sectional studies. The median prevalence was 14·2 per 1000 (IQR 8·0–33·2), similar to that found in previous studies (15·4 per 1000; 5·0–74·0) and higher than that in more developed countries (5·8 per 1000; 2·7–12·4). In meta-regression, as in meta-analysis, door-to-door studies found a higher prevalence than cross-sectional studies (p = 0·078).
- In a study titled “A comprehensive review of the literature on epilepsy in selected countries in emerging markets”, conducted by Angalakuditi et al., the prevalence of epilepsy was reported to be 4.0/1,000 inhabitants in Saudi Arabia. The study was conducted in the time period of including Saudi Arabia and members of the Arab League (Mauritania, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Djibouti, Comoros, Somalia, Eritrea, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, and Yemen) and the Palestine territory (Gaza strip and West Bank
Key benefits of the Epilepsy Market report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Epilepsy, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Epilepsy epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Epilepsy are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of the Epilepsy market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Epilepsy market
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Epilepsy Market Market Landscape
According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), epilepsies are a spectrum of brain disorders ranging from severe, life-threatening, and disabling, to ones that are much more benign. In epilepsy, the normal pattern of neuronal activity becomes disturbed, causing strange sensations, emotions, and behavior or sometimes convulsions, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness.According to the Epilepsy Foundation, seizures are categorized as follows:
Generalized seizures- These affect both cerebral hemispheres (sides of the brain) from the beginning of the seizure.
Focal seizures- These begin on one side of the brain and were previously called partial seizures.
Unknown seizures- It can start as one kind of seizure, then become another.
Diagnosis of the indication involves the determination of the fact that whether a person has a form of epilepsy and, if so, what kind of seizures the person has. Diagnostic tests include brain scans like CT (computed tomography), PET (positron emission tomography), and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), blood tests, and developmental, neurological, and behavioral tests.
Epilepsy treatment involves antiepileptic medications (AEDs) like sodium channel inhibitors, calcium channel inhibitors, GABA A receptor agonists, and others, diet therapy, and surgery.
Epilepsy Epidemiological Insight:
- According to a study titled “Epidemiology and etiology of epilepsy in sub-Saharan Africa” by Preux et al., data on the incidence of and prognosis for epilepsy in sub-Saharan Africa are scarce, but prevalence data show that epilepsy is two or three times more common than in industrializing countries in non-tropical areas. The study further reported that the median prevalence found in door-to-door studies is 15 per 1,000 people. Furthermore, the estimated prevalence by the capture-recapture method was 35·1 per 1,000 (95% CI 23·3–46·9), which shows that the door-to-door survey could have underestimated the true prevalence of epilepsy by up to 50%. The mean sex ratio of men to women is 1·4 in studies from sub-Saharan Africa. The study also reported that when available, seizure onset was before age 20 years in more than 60% of cases. Various studies in sub-Saharan Africa showed a predominance of generalized tonic-clonic seizures (GTCS) (~60%). The study reported that a Ugandan study found that 57 of 91 patients with epilepsy had generalized seizures, 22 had partial seizures, and 12 had seizures that were difficult to classify.
- Another study titled “A Review of Epilepsy Stigma in Egypt”, conducted by Shehata et al., reported that epilepsy is one of the most common neurological disorders with a worldwide prevalence between 5 and 10 per 1,000 with considerable variations between different settings. In Egypt, the prevalence was 6.98 / 1,000
Epilepsy Market Epidemiological Segmentation
- Epilepsy total prevalent population
- Epilepsy diagnosed prevalent population(in adults)
- Epilepsy gender specific diagnosed prevalent population
- Epilepsy diagnosed prevalent population(in children)
Epilepsy Market Outlook
The Epilepsy market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Epilepsy market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of the Epilepsy market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Epilepsy market in 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Epilepsy Market Market Landscape
Epilepsy Market Drivers
•Specialized multidisciplinary care
•Promising Emerging Therapies
•Increase in Research and Development
•Government Initiatives and Funding
Epilepsy Market Barriers
•Generics in the Market
•Low Compliance Rate
Epilepsy Market Key Companies
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- UCB Pharmaceuticals
- And many more
Epilepsy Market Therapies
- Staccato Alprazolam
- And many others
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Epilepsy Market
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- The United States
- EU 5
- Epilepsy Market Emerging Therapies
- Epilepsy Market Market Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Epilepsy Market Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsi
Click here to read more about Epilepsy Market Market
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Adya Kaul
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States