DelveInsight’s Epstein Barr virus (EBV) Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Epstein Barr virus (EBV), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market Size from 2019 to 2032 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Epstein Barr virus (EBV) treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market.
Some of the key facts of the Epstein Barr Virus
- The estimates show the highest diagnosed population of EBV+ Infectious mononucleosis in the United States was 165 K in 2021.
- The highest cases of EBV are found in Hodgkin Lymphoma patients in the US. In 2021, the total incident cases of EBV+ Cancers, as such for HL, in the US were found to be 4 K.
- Among the European countries, Germany accounted highest cases of EBV Infectious Mononucleosis i.e., 73 K in 2021. Japan had 64 K cases in 2021.
Got queries? Click here to know more about the Epstein Barr Virus Landscape
Epstein Barr Virus Overview
Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also known as human herpesvirus 4, is a member of the Herpesviridae family and is a ubiquitous pathogen that is persistently harbored by people throughout the world. EBV is the major cause of infectious mononucleosis (IM) and is associated with several malignancies including nasopharyngeal carcinoma, gastric carcinoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, Burkitt lymphoma, and lymphoma after organ or stem cell transplant.
Primary infection with EBV is more frequent during childhood and causes mild disease, which most commonly happens through body fluids like saliva and persists as a latent infection in B-cells. The disease is typically asymptomatic in 20–80% of individuals by the age of 2–3 years. When uninfected teenagers and young adults are exposed to EBV, approximately 30–70% develop infectious mononucleosis (IM) and other EBV-associated diseases.
The diagnosis of EBV is usually made based on clinical presentation in combination with laboratory findings. Lymphocytosis with numerous atypical lymphocytes and elevated liver enzymes are most often observed in conjunction with the detection of EBV-specific serologies or heterophile antibodies.There is no specific treatment available for EBV, hence patients have to rely on over-the-counter medications like Acetaminophen or NSAIDs for controlling fever and pain associated with EBV and its complications. Physicians may also recommend corticosteroids to reduce swelling of tissues. Hence treatments are designed to reduce symptoms .
Epstein Barr Virus Epidemiological Insight:
- Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) is among the most prevalent human viruses in the world. According to epidemiological studies, the EBV is estimated to be positive in more than 90% of the world’s populations. Typically, the primary infection is asymptomatic and occurs during childhood. However, the infection could lead to IM if it occurs in adults. In addition, this virus has been linked to a wide range of malignancies, such post-transplant lymphoproliferative diseases, nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC), Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and gastric carcinoma (MS).
- EBV infection affects as many as 95% of American adults by age 35-40 years. Childhood EBV infection is indistinguishable from other transient childhood infections. Approximately 35-50% of adolescents and young adults who contract EBV infection have mononucleosis.
- Total diagnosed cases of EBV+ Infectious mononucleosis in the 7MM was assessed to be 520 K in 2021, and are expected to increase during the study period.
- The estimates show highest incident population of EBV+ Cancers and PTLD in the United States were 15 K in 2021. Among the EU5 countries, Germany accounted highest cases of EBV+ Cancers i.e., 4.5 K in 2021.
Epstein Barr Virus Epidemiological Segmentation
- Total Epstein Barr Virus Incident Cases
- Epstein Barr Virus Diagnosed Cases
Epstein Barr Virus Outlook
The Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current, and forecasted Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market trends by analyzing the impact of current Epstein Barr virus (EBV) therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand for better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the Epstein Barr virus (EBV) market in 7MM is expected to witness a major change in the study period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @Epstein Barr Virus Landscape
Epstein Barr Virus Key Companies
- Atara Biotherapeutics
- And many more
Epstein Barr Virus Key Therapies
- And many more
Table of Contents
- Key Insights
- Report Introduction
- Executive Summary of Epstein Barr Virus
- Disease Background and Overview
- Epidemiology and patient population
- The United States
- EU 5
- Epstein Barr Virus Emerging Therapies
- Epstein Barr Virus Outlook
- Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
- Epstein Barr Virus Report Methodology
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about Epstein Barr Virus
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Gaurav Bora
Email: Send Email
Phone: +91 9568243403
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States